Like other places in country, Anchorage AK has experienced an increased demand for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists in recent times. These professionals play a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of operations in health facilities.
Become a CNA in Anchorage AK
CNAs work under the supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and Registered Nurses (RNs) in a wide variety of health or care facilities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, personal homes and adult care homes to fulfill basic needs for patients. They perform daily tasks for patients like feeding, bathing and grooming them.
These professionals are also responsible for checking patients’ vital signs, and assisting nurses with medical equipment or any other task. This job involves daily contact with needy patients, which make it best suited for people who have a passion for helping people.
While the job of a CNA in Anchorage AK can be tasking, the pay and its fulfilling nature makes it worth it. CNAs in Anchorage earn about $28,500 per year. This is good pay, especially when you are just out of high school.
Aside from the attractive pay, taking up a CNA in Anchorage AK position can open doors to better-paying, and more satisfying careers, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). RNs in Anchorage earn as much as $65,000 per year.
If you would like to become a CNA in Anchorage AK, you will have to undergo training and certification. CNA training is available in community colleges, technical schools and private vocational schools in the area. The training takes between 2 to 6 months after which you can sit for a licensing exam from Alaska Board of Nursing. Once you pass the exam, you will receive a license certificate to practice as CNA in Alaska.
Become a phlebotomist in Anchorage AK
Phlebotomists are primarily involved in collecting blood samples from patients for lab analysis. These medical professionals work under the supervision of physicians, medical lab technicians or supervisors in hospitals, health clinics, blood banks and physicians’ offices.
Alaska does not have any licensing requirements for phlebotomists. However, most employers prefer trained phlebotomists. So, pursuing training and subsequent certification will help you get a good job.
Becoming a phlebotomist in Anchorage AK is as rewarding as becoming a CNA. Phlebotomists in the city earn about $12.50 per hour. Experienced phlebotomists can garner as much as $18.50 per hour. The job also acts as a great stepping stone to other more rewarding health careers, such as becoming a RN or medical lab scientist.
Like CNA, phlebotomy training and certification takes a fairly short period of time to complete. With a good training school, you could be through with your entire training and certification in less than two months. This allows you to start working as soon as you can.
Phlebotomy training in Anchorage AK is available in various community colleges, tech schools, and vocational training centers in the city. The cost of this training is very reasonable, and you can easily afford the program.
Anchorage Regional Occupational Program (ROP) also offers low cost training for both of these two courses. Enrolling for ROP training program for CNA or phlebotomy is a great option, especially when you don’t have enough money to take you through college.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Physical Therapy Aide
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator