Like other places in country, Anchorage AK has experienced an increased demand for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists in recent times. These professionals play a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of operations in health facilities.
Become a CNA in Anchorage AK
CNAs work under the supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and Registered Nurses (RNs) in a wide variety of health or care facilities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, personal homes and adult care homes to fulfill basic needs for patients. They perform daily tasks for patients like feeding, bathing and grooming them.
These professionals are also responsible for checking patients’ vital signs, and assisting nurses with medical equipment or any other task. This job involves daily contact with needy patients, which make it best suited for people who have a passion for helping people.
While the job of a CNA in Anchorage AK can be tasking, the pay and its fulfilling nature makes it worth it. CNAs in Anchorage earn about $28,500 per year. This is good pay, especially when you are just out of high school.
Aside from the attractive pay, taking up a CNA in Anchorage AK position can open doors to better-paying, and more satisfying careers, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). RNs in Anchorage earn as much as $65,000 per year.
If you would like to become a CNA in Anchorage AK, you will have to undergo training and certification. CNA training is available in community colleges, technical schools and private vocational schools in the area. The training takes between 2 to 6 months after which you can sit for a licensing exam from Alaska Board of Nursing. Once you pass the exam, you will receive a license certificate to practice as CNA in Alaska.
Become a phlebotomist in Anchorage AK
Phlebotomists are primarily involved in collecting blood samples from patients for lab analysis. These medical professionals work under the supervision of physicians, medical lab technicians or supervisors in hospitals, health clinics, blood banks and physicians’ offices.
Alaska does not have any licensing requirements for phlebotomists. However, most employers prefer trained phlebotomists. So, pursuing training and subsequent certification will help you get a good job.
Becoming a phlebotomist in Anchorage AK is as rewarding as becoming a CNA. Phlebotomists in the city earn about $12.50 per hour. Experienced phlebotomists can garner as much as $18.50 per hour. The job also acts as a great stepping stone to other more rewarding health careers, such as becoming a RN or medical lab scientist.
Like CNA, phlebotomy training and certification takes a fairly short period of time to complete. With a good training school, you could be through with your entire training and certification in less than two months. This allows you to start working as soon as you can.
Phlebotomy training in Anchorage AK is available in various community colleges, tech schools, and vocational training centers in the city. The cost of this training is very reasonable, and you can easily afford the program.
Anchorage Regional Occupational Program (ROP) also offers low cost training for both of these two courses. Enrolling for ROP training program for CNA or phlebotomy is a great option, especially when you don’t have enough money to take you through college.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Medical Assisting
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant