Like other places in country, Anchorage AK has experienced an increased demand for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and phlebotomists in recent times. These professionals play a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of operations in health facilities.
Become a CNA in Anchorage AK
CNAs work under the supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and Registered Nurses (RNs) in a wide variety of health or care facilities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, personal homes and adult care homes to fulfill basic needs for patients. They perform daily tasks for patients like feeding, bathing and grooming them.
These professionals are also responsible for checking patients’ vital signs, and assisting nurses with medical equipment or any other task. This job involves daily contact with needy patients, which make it best suited for people who have a passion for helping people.
While the job of a CNA in Anchorage AK can be tasking, the pay and its fulfilling nature makes it worth it. CNAs in Anchorage earn about $28,500 per year. This is good pay, especially when you are just out of high school.
Aside from the attractive pay, taking up a CNA in Anchorage AK position can open doors to better-paying, and more satisfying careers, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). RNs in Anchorage earn as much as $65,000 per year.
If you would like to become a CNA in Anchorage AK, you will have to undergo training and certification. CNA training is available in community colleges, technical schools and private vocational schools in the area. The training takes between 2 to 6 months after which you can sit for a licensing exam from Alaska Board of Nursing. Once you pass the exam, you will receive a license certificate to practice as CNA in Alaska.
Become a phlebotomist in Anchorage AK
Phlebotomists are primarily involved in collecting blood samples from patients for lab analysis. These medical professionals work under the supervision of physicians, medical lab technicians or supervisors in hospitals, health clinics, blood banks and physicians’ offices.
Alaska does not have any licensing requirements for phlebotomists. However, most employers prefer trained phlebotomists. So, pursuing training and subsequent certification will help you get a good job.
Becoming a phlebotomist in Anchorage AK is as rewarding as becoming a CNA. Phlebotomists in the city earn about $12.50 per hour. Experienced phlebotomists can garner as much as $18.50 per hour. The job also acts as a great stepping stone to other more rewarding health careers, such as becoming a RN or medical lab scientist.
Like CNA, phlebotomy training and certification takes a fairly short period of time to complete. With a good training school, you could be through with your entire training and certification in less than two months. This allows you to start working as soon as you can.
Phlebotomy training in Anchorage AK is available in various community colleges, tech schools, and vocational training centers in the city. The cost of this training is very reasonable, and you can easily afford the program.
Anchorage Regional Occupational Program (ROP) also offers low cost training for both of these two courses. Enrolling for ROP training program for CNA or phlebotomy is a great option, especially when you don’t have enough money to take you through college.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science