The letters CNA might not mean much to you, but if you are looking for a career to pursue, you need to learn about this profession. CNA stands for certified nursing assistant, and it is an entry level job into the exciting world of health care. Many people mistakenly believe that it takes years of training to work in the field of health care, but this is not true. There are several jobs that can be had will only a few weeks of training, and a certified nursing assistant is one of them.
Here in Atlanta, Georgia, there are vocational schools that specialize in this type of training. There are certain requirements that you must fulfill before you enroll in a program, and you will have to pass your classes. Once you have finished and earn your certificate, you will need to get your state certification. As long as you have paid attention in class and done the work satisfactorily, the examinations are not difficult.
As a certified nursing assistant, you will be able to find work in a variety of places in Atlanta. There are many hospitals that have a growing need for a CNA. There are also nursing homes for the elderly that have a need for certified nursing assistants. Any place that cares for patients in a hospital or residential setting will need CNAs. Some of those who work as a CNA will travel from one place to another. This is due to the fact that many places do not need a full time CNA.
As a CNA, you will be working closely with people on a one to one basis. You will be assisting them with their daily living. This includes many basic functions for a person such as eating, drinking, dressing, bathing and other things most people take for granted each day. At the core of this job is helping people, and this is something that you should enjoy to be successful as a CNA.
Becoming a CNA can be done quickly compared to other professions in health care. In fact, the state of Georgia only requires 85 hours of instruction. The school you select should have a program that is accredited by the Georgia Board of Nursing, so once you have completed your training program, you will be able to take your state examinations and become a CNA. Before you enroll in a CNA training program you should have graduated from high school. You cannot have a criminal record, and this includes misdemeanors.
Typically, you will be able to start and complete your training program in as short of time as eight weeks. You can turn your whole career around and move in a new direction to health care. The benefits of working in health care are many, but one of the best things is that the work is steady. Many jobs come and go with a changing economy, but health care is always needed and continues to grow. You can also use the position of a CNA as a step ladder to positions of higher responsibility and pay. Health care has many opportunities that you will be introduced to once you begin working in this field.
Check out Some Local Schools:
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner