The letters CNA might not mean much to you, but if you are looking for a career to pursue, you need to learn about this profession. CNA stands for certified nursing assistant, and it is an entry level job into the exciting world of health care. Many people mistakenly believe that it takes years of training to work in the field of health care, but this is not true. There are several jobs that can be had will only a few weeks of training, and a certified nursing assistant is one of them.
Here in Atlanta, Georgia, there are vocational schools that specialize in this type of training. There are certain requirements that you must fulfill before you enroll in a program, and you will have to pass your classes. Once you have finished and earn your certificate, you will need to get your state certification. As long as you have paid attention in class and done the work satisfactorily, the examinations are not difficult.
As a certified nursing assistant, you will be able to find work in a variety of places in Atlanta. There are many hospitals that have a growing need for a CNA. There are also nursing homes for the elderly that have a need for certified nursing assistants. Any place that cares for patients in a hospital or residential setting will need CNAs. Some of those who work as a CNA will travel from one place to another. This is due to the fact that many places do not need a full time CNA.
As a CNA, you will be working closely with people on a one to one basis. You will be assisting them with their daily living. This includes many basic functions for a person such as eating, drinking, dressing, bathing and other things most people take for granted each day. At the core of this job is helping people, and this is something that you should enjoy to be successful as a CNA.
Becoming a CNA can be done quickly compared to other professions in health care. In fact, the state of Georgia only requires 85 hours of instruction. The school you select should have a program that is accredited by the Georgia Board of Nursing, so once you have completed your training program, you will be able to take your state examinations and become a CNA. Before you enroll in a CNA training program you should have graduated from high school. You cannot have a criminal record, and this includes misdemeanors.
Typically, you will be able to start and complete your training program in as short of time as eight weeks. You can turn your whole career around and move in a new direction to health care. The benefits of working in health care are many, but one of the best things is that the work is steady. Many jobs come and go with a changing economy, but health care is always needed and continues to grow. You can also use the position of a CNA as a step ladder to positions of higher responsibility and pay. Health care has many opportunities that you will be introduced to once you begin working in this field.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Physician Assistant (MS)
- Anesthesiologist Assistant (MMSc)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science