CNAs or Certified Nursing Assistants are in great demand in Boston as is the case in all over the country. If you are interested in a career in the ever burgeoning healthcare industry, choosing to become a CNA will be a wise decision. This is because finding a job as a CNA even in these hard economic times is relatively easier than is the case with other fields. There are also other advantages that come with CNA training and certification.
First, CNA training and subsequent certification will allow you to work in all kinds of health facilities; from large hospitals to local physician offices, from rural towns to large metropolitan areas, such as Boston and so on.
Once you are trained as a CNA, you can take your skills with you to any state and continue working. You don’t have to seek a new certificate in the destination state. The most you will ever be required to do is to update your certification.
The other advantage of training as a CNA is that there are real opportunities for career advancement. This is not a career where you will be stuck up in a boring nine to five job, but rather an exciting opportunity where you can pursue better paying careers, such as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and Registered Nurse (RN).
To get started out as a CNA in Boston, you have to enroll for certification training program in a community college, vocational school or care facility. The Red Cross also provides CNA training interested individuals in Boston. CNA is also available online, and you can undertake the course at the comfort of your home during your spare time.
The fees for the CNA course are considerably low, which makes them affordable to anyone who is interested in joining this field, including you. You will also be able to complete the coursework within a relatively short period of time. This will allow you to start working as soon as possible.
CNA training in Boston meet the required federal standards for CNA training programs in the country. Although the hourly length of the program can vary depending on the course provider, it includes at least seventy five hours of both classroom training and practical instructional training in a clinical setting. To qualify for some program, you will need to have a GED or a high school diploma, and be at least 18 years of age.
The CNA training programs offered by various schools in Boston, all cover: basic procedures, ambulatory care, infection control, patient rights, and extensive HIPPA coverage. Some facility-based courses may include in depth memory care for dementia patients.
To earn your CNA certification in Boston, you must pass the exam conducted by a certified Massachusetts state provider. The exam comes in two parts – the written part and the practical skills assessment. You must pass both of them to get certified. If you fail the exam, you may retake it within 24 hours. However, if you fail three consecutive times, you will have to retake the entire course.
CNA certification must be renewed after every 2 years. Your employer may reimburse the re-certification fee. The state normally sends a notice when the certification is about to expire. To get re-certification, you must have worked for at least 8 hours in the past 2 years. The additional two years are actually added to the last date of your gainful employment rather than the date when you will be applying for renewal.
Check out Some Local Schools:
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Let Regent Lead The Way
- No matter your passion, you'll find your place at Regent! Choose from more than 95 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)