CNAs or Certified Nursing Assistants are in great demand in Boston as is the case in all over the country. If you are interested in a career in the ever burgeoning healthcare industry, choosing to become a CNA will be a wise decision. This is because finding a job as a CNA even in these hard economic times is relatively easier than is the case with other fields. There are also other advantages that come with CNA training and certification.
First, CNA training and subsequent certification will allow you to work in all kinds of health facilities; from large hospitals to local physician offices, from rural towns to large metropolitan areas, such as Boston and so on.
Once you are trained as a CNA, you can take your skills with you to any state and continue working. You don’t have to seek a new certificate in the destination state. The most you will ever be required to do is to update your certification.
The other advantage of training as a CNA is that there are real opportunities for career advancement. This is not a career where you will be stuck up in a boring nine to five job, but rather an exciting opportunity where you can pursue better paying careers, such as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and Registered Nurse (RN).
To get started out as a CNA in Boston, you have to enroll for certification training program in a community college, vocational school or care facility. The Red Cross also provides CNA training interested individuals in Boston. CNA is also available online, and you can undertake the course at the comfort of your home during your spare time.
The fees for the CNA course are considerably low, which makes them affordable to anyone who is interested in joining this field, including you. You will also be able to complete the coursework within a relatively short period of time. This will allow you to start working as soon as possible.
CNA training in Boston meet the required federal standards for CNA training programs in the country. Although the hourly length of the program can vary depending on the course provider, it includes at least seventy five hours of both classroom training and practical instructional training in a clinical setting. To qualify for some program, you will need to have a GED or a high school diploma, and be at least 18 years of age.
The CNA training programs offered by various schools in Boston, all cover: basic procedures, ambulatory care, infection control, patient rights, and extensive HIPPA coverage. Some facility-based courses may include in depth memory care for dementia patients.
To earn your CNA certification in Boston, you must pass the exam conducted by a certified Massachusetts state provider. The exam comes in two parts – the written part and the practical skills assessment. You must pass both of them to get certified. If you fail the exam, you may retake it within 24 hours. However, if you fail three consecutive times, you will have to retake the entire course.
CNA certification must be renewed after every 2 years. Your employer may reimburse the re-certification fee. The state normally sends a notice when the certification is about to expire. To get re-certification, you must have worked for at least 8 hours in the past 2 years. The additional two years are actually added to the last date of your gainful employment rather than the date when you will be applying for renewal.
Check out Some Local Schools:
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track