A new career can begin right here in Everett, Washington. Not only can you start down a new path for your life, but this can be done quickly. In three weeks you can learn everything you need to know to become a certified nursing assistant. The state of Washington requires a training program of 85 hours, and in addition, you will need to earn an AIDS training certificate that takes seven hours. If you decide to attend school full time, a course in CNA training will take you three weeks. Don’t worry, you won’t be going to school every day. You will, however, be attending five days a week for six to eight hours.
After you have satisfactorily completed your training, you will be eligible to work in the field of nursing. You may first want to get your state certification. This is given to a person that has passed the examination for a certified nursing assistance. It is possible to start working in the field as a nursing assistant without doing this, but it is an important step to become recognized for your skills. Having state certification can open a lot of doors for your career.
Once you are hired you will most likely be working at a hospital, senior living center, or some environment where nursing care is needed. Much of your day will revolve around assisting people with their daily needs. Helping them eat, bathe and take their medication. If you like helping people, you will get a lot of satisfaction from this job.
The speed at which you can learn the skills and knowledge to become a CNA are amazing. With a commitment to learn the material you will be moving down a career path filled with possibilities. If you are like most people today, you are concerned about job stability. Jobs come and go quickly in today’s economy, and you don’t want to make a commitment to a career path only to find out a few years from now that your are unemployed with few job prospects. Although no one can know the future, the health care industry has strong statistics supporting future growth. This is especially true with nursing, which continues to have a shortage of workers.
It should be pointed out that you will need to meet a few basic requirements before you can become a CNA. One is that you need to have a high school diploma. Although there are some vocational schools that will not require it, you will need to have one or a GED in order to become certified. A criminal background check will also be needed. It is done through the Washington State Patrol and is often done by the school you attend. You will be required to have a TB test done or show proof that one has been done within a recent time frame.
Good English skills are mandatory, and this includes writing as well as verbal skills. You will also need to register as a nursing assistant with the Washington Department of Health. This is often done through your employer after you are
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Medical Assisting
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology