A new career can begin right here in Everett, Washington. Not only can you start down a new path for your life, but this can be done quickly. In three weeks you can learn everything you need to know to become a certified nursing assistant. The state of Washington requires a training program of 85 hours, and in addition, you will need to earn an AIDS training certificate that takes seven hours. If you decide to attend school full time, a course in CNA training will take you three weeks. Don’t worry, you won’t be going to school every day. You will, however, be attending five days a week for six to eight hours.
After you have satisfactorily completed your training, you will be eligible to work in the field of nursing. You may first want to get your state certification. This is given to a person that has passed the examination for a certified nursing assistance. It is possible to start working in the field as a nursing assistant without doing this, but it is an important step to become recognized for your skills. Having state certification can open a lot of doors for your career.
Once you are hired you will most likely be working at a hospital, senior living center, or some environment where nursing care is needed. Much of your day will revolve around assisting people with their daily needs. Helping them eat, bathe and take their medication. If you like helping people, you will get a lot of satisfaction from this job.
The speed at which you can learn the skills and knowledge to become a CNA are amazing. With a commitment to learn the material you will be moving down a career path filled with possibilities. If you are like most people today, you are concerned about job stability. Jobs come and go quickly in today’s economy, and you don’t want to make a commitment to a career path only to find out a few years from now that your are unemployed with few job prospects. Although no one can know the future, the health care industry has strong statistics supporting future growth. This is especially true with nursing, which continues to have a shortage of workers.
It should be pointed out that you will need to meet a few basic requirements before you can become a CNA. One is that you need to have a high school diploma. Although there are some vocational schools that will not require it, you will need to have one or a GED in order to become certified. A criminal background check will also be needed. It is done through the Washington State Patrol and is often done by the school you attend. You will be required to have a TB test done or show proof that one has been done within a recent time frame.
Good English skills are mandatory, and this includes writing as well as verbal skills. You will also need to register as a nursing assistant with the Washington Department of Health. This is often done through your employer after you are
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)