A new career can begin right here in Everett, Washington. Not only can you start down a new path for your life, but this can be done quickly. In three weeks you can learn everything you need to know to become a certified nursing assistant. The state of Washington requires a training program of 85 hours, and in addition, you will need to earn an AIDS training certificate that takes seven hours. If you decide to attend school full time, a course in CNA training will take you three weeks. Don’t worry, you won’t be going to school every day. You will, however, be attending five days a week for six to eight hours.
After you have satisfactorily completed your training, you will be eligible to work in the field of nursing. You may first want to get your state certification. This is given to a person that has passed the examination for a certified nursing assistance. It is possible to start working in the field as a nursing assistant without doing this, but it is an important step to become recognized for your skills. Having state certification can open a lot of doors for your career.
Once you are hired you will most likely be working at a hospital, senior living center, or some environment where nursing care is needed. Much of your day will revolve around assisting people with their daily needs. Helping them eat, bathe and take their medication. If you like helping people, you will get a lot of satisfaction from this job.
The speed at which you can learn the skills and knowledge to become a CNA are amazing. With a commitment to learn the material you will be moving down a career path filled with possibilities. If you are like most people today, you are concerned about job stability. Jobs come and go quickly in today’s economy, and you don’t want to make a commitment to a career path only to find out a few years from now that your are unemployed with few job prospects. Although no one can know the future, the health care industry has strong statistics supporting future growth. This is especially true with nursing, which continues to have a shortage of workers.
It should be pointed out that you will need to meet a few basic requirements before you can become a CNA. One is that you need to have a high school diploma. Although there are some vocational schools that will not require it, you will need to have one or a GED in order to become certified. A criminal background check will also be needed. It is done through the Washington State Patrol and is often done by the school you attend. You will be required to have a TB test done or show proof that one has been done within a recent time frame.
Good English skills are mandatory, and this includes writing as well as verbal skills. You will also need to register as a nursing assistant with the Washington Department of Health. This is often done through your employer after you are
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)