A new career can begin right here in Everett, Washington. Not only can you start down a new path for your life, but this can be done quickly. In three weeks you can learn everything you need to know to become a certified nursing assistant. The state of Washington requires a training program of 85 hours, and in addition, you will need to earn an AIDS training certificate that takes seven hours. If you decide to attend school full time, a course in CNA training will take you three weeks. Don’t worry, you won’t be going to school every day. You will, however, be attending five days a week for six to eight hours.
After you have satisfactorily completed your training, you will be eligible to work in the field of nursing. You may first want to get your state certification. This is given to a person that has passed the examination for a certified nursing assistance. It is possible to start working in the field as a nursing assistant without doing this, but it is an important step to become recognized for your skills. Having state certification can open a lot of doors for your career.
Once you are hired you will most likely be working at a hospital, senior living center, or some environment where nursing care is needed. Much of your day will revolve around assisting people with their daily needs. Helping them eat, bathe and take their medication. If you like helping people, you will get a lot of satisfaction from this job.
The speed at which you can learn the skills and knowledge to become a CNA are amazing. With a commitment to learn the material you will be moving down a career path filled with possibilities. If you are like most people today, you are concerned about job stability. Jobs come and go quickly in today’s economy, and you don’t want to make a commitment to a career path only to find out a few years from now that your are unemployed with few job prospects. Although no one can know the future, the health care industry has strong statistics supporting future growth. This is especially true with nursing, which continues to have a shortage of workers.
It should be pointed out that you will need to meet a few basic requirements before you can become a CNA. One is that you need to have a high school diploma. Although there are some vocational schools that will not require it, you will need to have one or a GED in order to become certified. A criminal background check will also be needed. It is done through the Washington State Patrol and is often done by the school you attend. You will be required to have a TB test done or show proof that one has been done within a recent time frame.
Good English skills are mandatory, and this includes writing as well as verbal skills. You will also need to register as a nursing assistant with the Washington Department of Health. This is often done through your employer after you are
Check out Some Local Schools:
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years. Our nationally-ranked graduate programs provide flexible opportunities to students around the globe
- Online MSN Nurse Educator Degree
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program