A new career can begin right here in Everett, Washington. Not only can you start down a new path for your life, but this can be done quickly. In three weeks you can learn everything you need to know to become a certified nursing assistant. The state of Washington requires a training program of 85 hours, and in addition, you will need to earn an AIDS training certificate that takes seven hours. If you decide to attend school full time, a course in CNA training will take you three weeks. Don’t worry, you won’t be going to school every day. You will, however, be attending five days a week for six to eight hours.
After you have satisfactorily completed your training, you will be eligible to work in the field of nursing. You may first want to get your state certification. This is given to a person that has passed the examination for a certified nursing assistance. It is possible to start working in the field as a nursing assistant without doing this, but it is an important step to become recognized for your skills. Having state certification can open a lot of doors for your career.
Once you are hired you will most likely be working at a hospital, senior living center, or some environment where nursing care is needed. Much of your day will revolve around assisting people with their daily needs. Helping them eat, bathe and take their medication. If you like helping people, you will get a lot of satisfaction from this job.
The speed at which you can learn the skills and knowledge to become a CNA are amazing. With a commitment to learn the material you will be moving down a career path filled with possibilities. If you are like most people today, you are concerned about job stability. Jobs come and go quickly in today’s economy, and you don’t want to make a commitment to a career path only to find out a few years from now that your are unemployed with few job prospects. Although no one can know the future, the health care industry has strong statistics supporting future growth. This is especially true with nursing, which continues to have a shortage of workers.
It should be pointed out that you will need to meet a few basic requirements before you can become a CNA. One is that you need to have a high school diploma. Although there are some vocational schools that will not require it, you will need to have one or a GED in order to become certified. A criminal background check will also be needed. It is done through the Washington State Patrol and is often done by the school you attend. You will be required to have a TB test done or show proof that one has been done within a recent time frame.
Good English skills are mandatory, and this includes writing as well as verbal skills. You will also need to register as a nursing assistant with the Washington Department of Health. This is often done through your employer after you are
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Bachelors
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Masters
- Higher Education - Bachelors
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management