Jacksonville FL is a great place to train and work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The city provides a wonderful platform for launching a successful career in the healthcare industry. There are many draws towards CNA training and practice in Jacksonville FL.
First, the requirements for joining a CNA certification course are very simple. As far as you have a high school diploma or GED and a predisposition towards helping patients who are recuperating in a healthcare center, you can be accepted to join any of the training centers in the city.
The CNA training is not highly demanding, and it takes a fairly short period of time to complete. With a good Jacksonville CNA program, you could start your career as a CNA in Jacksonville FL after just 2 months of training. Some schools offer the course on a part-time basis. Such training centers make it convenient for individuals who are working in other jobs to earn CNA certification.
There are many CNA training centers in Jacksonville. They include nursing schools, nurse care facilities and community colleges. Some training organizations also provide online CNA courses. This makes it even more convenient to anyone who is interested in becoming a CNA in Jacksonville FL to get the prerequisite training. The fees for these programs are also very low. Their affordability makes them accessible to anyone who wants to become a CNA in the city.
The availability of many nursing jobs opportunities in Jacksonville is the other big attraction that is drawing people to this field. Like other places in the US, the demand for CNAs in Jacksonville FL has been on the rise. This situation is not expected to change any time soon with so many nurses leaving the field for better-paying careers, and a large portion of the population that is composed of aged members needing nurse care.
CNAs in Jacksonville FL and surrounding areas also have a wide choice of healthcare facilities to choose from when looking for work. They can choose to work in long-term care facilities, schools, private clinics, ambulance services, etc. Once you gain some experience, and have established yourself as a responsible nurse, you can go as far as you want in the Jacksonville nursing industry.
As a CNA in Jacksonville FL, you can earn good money and live a decent life. The salary figures vary from one healthcare institution to another. However, CNAs who are just starting out in their careers can expect to earn anywhere between $23,000 and $30,000. The salary goes up annually as you gain more experience.
The availability of great opportunities for career advancement is another factor that is contributing to the increased popularity of CNA programs. While working as a CNA in Jacksonville FL, you can get the money and time to study and become a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or a RN (Registered Nurse). LPN and RN are very lucrative careers in Jacksonville FL. They are the best paying, and the highest nursing positions you can ever rise in nursing.
Experienced LPNs and RNs in the area earn as much as $45,000 and $65, 000 respectively. Aside from the huge paychecks that come with these positions, they are also quite fulfilling.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Has specialized in career training since 1982.
- Offers beginning to advanced training in computer repair, medical assisting, cosmetology, nursing, and more.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Its instructors attend seminars and workshops to keep current with new technology and topics.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Patient Care Technician Diploma
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults. Small classes ensure personalized attention for each student, and you will gain career skills in an educational environment that simulates the workplace, so you can begin using your education immediately on the job.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting/Asistencia MÃdica
- Diploma in Medical Assisting - Bilingual
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy