Jacksonville FL is a great place to train and work as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The city provides a wonderful platform for launching a successful career in the healthcare industry. There are many draws towards CNA training and practice in Jacksonville FL.
First, the requirements for joining a CNA certification course are very simple. As far as you have a high school diploma or GED and a predisposition towards helping patients who are recuperating in a healthcare center, you can be accepted to join any of the training centers in the city.
The CNA training is not highly demanding, and it takes a fairly short period of time to complete. With a good Jacksonville CNA program, you could start your career as a CNA in Jacksonville FL after just 2 months of training. Some schools offer the course on a part-time basis. Such training centers make it convenient for individuals who are working in other jobs to earn CNA certification.
There are many CNA training centers in Jacksonville. They include nursing schools, nurse care facilities and community colleges. Some training organizations also provide online CNA courses. This makes it even more convenient to anyone who is interested in becoming a CNA in Jacksonville FL to get the prerequisite training. The fees for these programs are also very low. Their affordability makes them accessible to anyone who wants to become a CNA in the city.
The availability of many nursing jobs opportunities in Jacksonville is the other big attraction that is drawing people to this field. Like other places in the US, the demand for CNAs in Jacksonville FL has been on the rise. This situation is not expected to change any time soon with so many nurses leaving the field for better-paying careers, and a large portion of the population that is composed of aged members needing nurse care.
CNAs in Jacksonville FL and surrounding areas also have a wide choice of healthcare facilities to choose from when looking for work. They can choose to work in long-term care facilities, schools, private clinics, ambulance services, etc. Once you gain some experience, and have established yourself as a responsible nurse, you can go as far as you want in the Jacksonville nursing industry.
As a CNA in Jacksonville FL, you can earn good money and live a decent life. The salary figures vary from one healthcare institution to another. However, CNAs who are just starting out in their careers can expect to earn anywhere between $23,000 and $30,000. The salary goes up annually as you gain more experience.
The availability of great opportunities for career advancement is another factor that is contributing to the increased popularity of CNA programs. While working as a CNA in Jacksonville FL, you can get the money and time to study and become a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or a RN (Registered Nurse). LPN and RN are very lucrative careers in Jacksonville FL. They are the best paying, and the highest nursing positions you can ever rise in nursing.
Experienced LPNs and RNs in the area earn as much as $45,000 and $65, 000 respectively. Aside from the huge paychecks that come with these positions, they are also quite fulfilling.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- Accelerated BSN to MSN
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Patient Care Technician - DIP
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
Get in, get out, get ahead with Southern Technical College!
At Southern Technical College, our career training programs are designed to help you reach your career goals ? whatever they may be! Southern Technical College is the right place for students who want quality career training in the growing fields of Allied Health, Business, Design, Education, Information Technology, Legal Studies, Nursing and Technical Trades.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- Medical Assisting (Associates)
Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults. Small classes ensure personalized attention for each student, and you will gain career skills in an educational environment that simulates the workplace, so you can begin using your education immediately on the job.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting - Bilingual
- Diploma in Practical Nurse