Located at the junction of Missouri and Kansas rivers, Kansas City or KC as is popularly known has many great career opportunities for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). In fact, the largest number, and the most lucrative CNA positions in the state of Missouri are found in Kansas City.
CNAs in this beautiful Midwestern city earn around $26,000 per year. This is higher than the national average income for CNAs, which stands at $25,000. However, it may be lower when compared with CNA salaries in other cities such as Los Angeles, CA or Miami, FL.
Like in any other metropolitan area in Missouri, CNA job opportunities are growing at a fast pace, and this trend is expected to continue. So, you can rest be assured of a bright future if you train as a CNA in Kansas City.
Your salary as a Kansas City CNA will depend on several factors, including the type of health facility where you will be working, the terms of your employment and your education or training, as well as experience.
Certain health facilities in the city pay more than others. CNAs for Long Term Care (LTC) earn the best salaries of around $29,000 per year. Pediatric care CNAs also earn a decent salary of around $28,000 annually while those who work in nursing homes and hospitals can garner as much as $28,500 per year. Psychiatric aides working in correctional facilities in the Kansa City can earn around $25,000 annually.
Home Healthcare Aides (HHAs) and caregiver CNAs earn between $15,000 and $17,000 a year. These CNAs do not have many duties and responsibilities since their work is only to support the patient while at home. This explains their low annual income. CNAs working in hospitals or nursing homes can earn extra income as shift allowance if they work in the second or third shift.
The terms of your employment can significantly determine the amount of salary you will take home at the end of the month. If you decide to work part-time, you will end up earning much less than a nursing aide who is working fulltime.
Your education and experience are the other factors that will determine what you will earn as a CNA in Kansas City. To work as a nursing aide in any healthcare facility in the country, you must successfully complete a CNA training course. The program is available in various high schools, community colleges and trade schools in Kansas City, and is open to anyone who:
– has a high school degree or its equivalent
– has average written and oral skills
– can pass the reading assessment test
– can pass a background or criminal records check
– has proof of immunizations
If can satisfy these simple CNA training requirements, you enroll for training and earn your certification.
While starting out as a CNA in Kansas City, you will have to put up with a lower salary of around $24,000 per year. However, this will improve as you gain more experience, and you can expect to garner as much as $29,000 after five or more years of experience, especially if you stick to one facility. CNAs with more ten or more years of experience can earn as high as $35, 000 annually.
While working as a CNA, you can pursue further training and become a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). LPNs in Kansas City earn as much as $47,000 while RNs earn $65,000 a year.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Medical Office Assistant
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education