Located at the junction of Missouri and Kansas rivers, Kansas City or KC as is popularly known has many great career opportunities for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). In fact, the largest number, and the most lucrative CNA positions in the state of Missouri are found in Kansas City.
CNAs in this beautiful Midwestern city earn around $26,000 per year. This is higher than the national average income for CNAs, which stands at $25,000. However, it may be lower when compared with CNA salaries in other cities such as Los Angeles, CA or Miami, FL.
Like in any other metropolitan area in Missouri, CNA job opportunities are growing at a fast pace, and this trend is expected to continue. So, you can rest be assured of a bright future if you train as a CNA in Kansas City.
Your salary as a Kansas City CNA will depend on several factors, including the type of health facility where you will be working, the terms of your employment and your education or training, as well as experience.
Certain health facilities in the city pay more than others. CNAs for Long Term Care (LTC) earn the best salaries of around $29,000 per year. Pediatric care CNAs also earn a decent salary of around $28,000 annually while those who work in nursing homes and hospitals can garner as much as $28,500 per year. Psychiatric aides working in correctional facilities in the Kansa City can earn around $25,000 annually.
Home Healthcare Aides (HHAs) and caregiver CNAs earn between $15,000 and $17,000 a year. These CNAs do not have many duties and responsibilities since their work is only to support the patient while at home. This explains their low annual income. CNAs working in hospitals or nursing homes can earn extra income as shift allowance if they work in the second or third shift.
The terms of your employment can significantly determine the amount of salary you will take home at the end of the month. If you decide to work part-time, you will end up earning much less than a nursing aide who is working fulltime.
Your education and experience are the other factors that will determine what you will earn as a CNA in Kansas City. To work as a nursing aide in any healthcare facility in the country, you must successfully complete a CNA training course. The program is available in various high schools, community colleges and trade schools in Kansas City, and is open to anyone who:
– has a high school degree or its equivalent
– has average written and oral skills
– can pass the reading assessment test
– can pass a background or criminal records check
– has proof of immunizations
If can satisfy these simple CNA training requirements, you enroll for training and earn your certification.
While starting out as a CNA in Kansas City, you will have to put up with a lower salary of around $24,000 per year. However, this will improve as you gain more experience, and you can expect to garner as much as $29,000 after five or more years of experience, especially if you stick to one facility. CNAs with more ten or more years of experience can earn as high as $35, 000 annually.
While working as a CNA, you can pursue further training and become a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). LPNs in Kansas City earn as much as $47,000 while RNs earn $65,000 a year.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Medical Assisting
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology