If you are unemployed, you probably realize that it is difficult to find work, and when there are job openings, there are often particular educational requirements needed to be hired. The secret to getting a new job is to find the work you are interested in, then get the training you need. Many jobs do not require a lot of training. Many of the programs that are offered by vocational schools and community colleges right here in Knoxville are affordable and take only a few months to complete. Some programs only take a few weeks from start to finish. With the right education, you can get a job and put yourself on a new career path.
One vocational program to consider is training to become a certified nursing assistant. Commonly abbreviated CNA, this is a job that is seen in a nursing or hospital environment. A CNA does much of the caregiver work with a patient and in this capacity is working to assist a nursing staff. If you like to help people and have good social skills, this can be a great opportunity for you. You will be helping people who are sick, recovering from illness or sometimes need help due to their age. You will be assisting people in their daily activities. This includes such things as eating, taking their medication, dressing themselves and personal hygiene.
There are many good CNA programs in Knoxville as well as the surrounding areas. The state of Tennessee only require a minimum of 75 hours of instruction to become a CNA. These programs will teach a combination of classroom learning as well as hands-on learning in a clinical setting. there is a lot to learn during this time, but if you work hard, you will learn the material and be prepared to pass your state examinations. Once you have accomplished this, you will be certified for a period of two years. After this time, you will be required to renew your certification.
A typical course in Knoxville, TN, will last eight to ten weeks, but this will vary depending upon how much time you spend in your course each week. There are programs designed for full-time attendance, while others are geared for those working and in need of a part-time program.
Heath care is a rapidly growing area of our economy, and you will have plenty of work. Most people find work in a few weeks after becoming certified. In some areas of the country the need for CNAs is so great that local hospitals, and other health care institutions, will send recruiters directly to your school. They will often hire people right after they successfully complete the training.
This type of work can be used as a first step toward a long career in health care. Some have started out as a CNA and then worked toward becoming a registered nurse. Others have found opportunities in the health care industry that they didn’t know existed until they starting working as a CNA. Whatever the future holds for you in health care, it can begin with training as a CNA.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Medical Assisting
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Office Management - Associate of Applied Science
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
- Medical Assistant
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science (Post PTA)
- And more...