Missoula Regional Occupational Program (ROP) classes offer low-cost or tuition-free job training to high school students and adults in Missoula and surrounding areas. These classes are conducted both in various Missoula ROP training centers and industry sites. The largest part of the training is actually composed of practical instruction that takes place in different businesses and industries in Missoula. This is meant to provide students with hands-on training, and help them to experience the actual working conditions found in their desired careers or industries.
There are over 50 courses that are offered under Missoula’s ROP apprenticeship and training program. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and phlebotomy are two of the most popular training programs. There are many reasons why prospective apprentices choose to pursue CNA and phlebotomy training courses.
First, unlike other vocational courses, CNA and phlebotomy programs take a fairly short period of time to complete. Most CNA and phlebotomy programs run for less than six months. This means that within six months, you could be through with your entire training and certification, which will allow you to look for a job and start earning.
Some vocational training centers provide online CNA and phlebotomy training in Missoula where students can learn the theoretical part of these courses from the comfort of their homes. This makes it very convenient to study, especially for people who have other commitments. This is a big draw for many ROP apprenticeship candidates.
The other reason why CNA and phlebotomy attract a large number of high school graduates is the good pay for CNAs and phlebotomists in Missoula. CNAs in the city earn around $11.50 per hour while the reported average pay for phlebotomists is $12.50. This is decent pay for someone who is just out of high school. With experience, a CNA can earn as much as $38,000 annually while a phlebotomist can take home $45,000 per year.
Enrolling for CNA or Phlebotomy classes offered under the Missoula’s apprenticeship and training provides a great chance for career advancement in the health industry. Most people who take up CNA programs use it as a stepping stone for better-paying and more satisfying careers such as Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). RNs in Missoula earn as high as $65,000 per year while LPNs can garner $45,000 per year.
Phlebotomists on the other hand can seek further training to become medical lab scientists, RNs, or LPNs. Basically, opportunities for career advancement in these two fields are almost guaranteed. Once you graduate and earn your certification, there will be nothing to stop you from getting your dream job, as well as living the life you’ve always wanted.
Missoula’s ROP apprenticeship and training programs for CNAs and phlebotomists in Missoula are open to high school graduates of 16 years and above. Training coordinators work with local hospitals and other health facilities to provide on-the-job training. Aside from job specific training, students are also taught job readiness, employability skills, leadership skills, life skills and personal development. You will also benefit greatly from the different post-graduation services and job placement assistance that comes with these programs.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...