Missoula Regional Occupational Program (ROP) classes offer low-cost or tuition-free job training to high school students and adults in Missoula and surrounding areas. These classes are conducted both in various Missoula ROP training centers and industry sites. The largest part of the training is actually composed of practical instruction that takes place in different businesses and industries in Missoula. This is meant to provide students with hands-on training, and help them to experience the actual working conditions found in their desired careers or industries.
There are over 50 courses that are offered under Missoula’s ROP apprenticeship and training program. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and phlebotomy are two of the most popular training programs. There are many reasons why prospective apprentices choose to pursue CNA and phlebotomy training courses.
First, unlike other vocational courses, CNA and phlebotomy programs take a fairly short period of time to complete. Most CNA and phlebotomy programs run for less than six months. This means that within six months, you could be through with your entire training and certification, which will allow you to look for a job and start earning.
Some vocational training centers provide online CNA and phlebotomy training in Missoula where students can learn the theoretical part of these courses from the comfort of their homes. This makes it very convenient to study, especially for people who have other commitments. This is a big draw for many ROP apprenticeship candidates.
The other reason why CNA and phlebotomy attract a large number of high school graduates is the good pay for CNAs and phlebotomists in Missoula. CNAs in the city earn around $11.50 per hour while the reported average pay for phlebotomists is $12.50. This is decent pay for someone who is just out of high school. With experience, a CNA can earn as much as $38,000 annually while a phlebotomist can take home $45,000 per year.
Enrolling for CNA or Phlebotomy classes offered under the Missoula’s apprenticeship and training provides a great chance for career advancement in the health industry. Most people who take up CNA programs use it as a stepping stone for better-paying and more satisfying careers such as Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). RNs in Missoula earn as high as $65,000 per year while LPNs can garner $45,000 per year.
Phlebotomists on the other hand can seek further training to become medical lab scientists, RNs, or LPNs. Basically, opportunities for career advancement in these two fields are almost guaranteed. Once you graduate and earn your certification, there will be nothing to stop you from getting your dream job, as well as living the life you’ve always wanted.
Missoula’s ROP apprenticeship and training programs for CNAs and phlebotomists in Missoula are open to high school graduates of 16 years and above. Training coordinators work with local hospitals and other health facilities to provide on-the-job training. Aside from job specific training, students are also taught job readiness, employability skills, leadership skills, life skills and personal development. You will also benefit greatly from the different post-graduation services and job placement assistance that comes with these programs.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- RN to MSN (Online)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)