Missoula Regional Occupational Program (ROP) classes offer low-cost or tuition-free job training to high school students and adults in Missoula and surrounding areas. These classes are conducted both in various Missoula ROP training centers and industry sites. The largest part of the training is actually composed of practical instruction that takes place in different businesses and industries in Missoula. This is meant to provide students with hands-on training, and help them to experience the actual working conditions found in their desired careers or industries.
There are over 50 courses that are offered under Missoula’s ROP apprenticeship and training program. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and phlebotomy are two of the most popular training programs. There are many reasons why prospective apprentices choose to pursue CNA and phlebotomy training courses.
First, unlike other vocational courses, CNA and phlebotomy programs take a fairly short period of time to complete. Most CNA and phlebotomy programs run for less than six months. This means that within six months, you could be through with your entire training and certification, which will allow you to look for a job and start earning.
Some vocational training centers provide online CNA and phlebotomy training in Missoula where students can learn the theoretical part of these courses from the comfort of their homes. This makes it very convenient to study, especially for people who have other commitments. This is a big draw for many ROP apprenticeship candidates.
The other reason why CNA and phlebotomy attract a large number of high school graduates is the good pay for CNAs and phlebotomists in Missoula. CNAs in the city earn around $11.50 per hour while the reported average pay for phlebotomists is $12.50. This is decent pay for someone who is just out of high school. With experience, a CNA can earn as much as $38,000 annually while a phlebotomist can take home $45,000 per year.
Enrolling for CNA or Phlebotomy classes offered under the Missoula’s apprenticeship and training provides a great chance for career advancement in the health industry. Most people who take up CNA programs use it as a stepping stone for better-paying and more satisfying careers such as Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). RNs in Missoula earn as high as $65,000 per year while LPNs can garner $45,000 per year.
Phlebotomists on the other hand can seek further training to become medical lab scientists, RNs, or LPNs. Basically, opportunities for career advancement in these two fields are almost guaranteed. Once you graduate and earn your certification, there will be nothing to stop you from getting your dream job, as well as living the life you’ve always wanted.
Missoula’s ROP apprenticeship and training programs for CNAs and phlebotomists in Missoula are open to high school graduates of 16 years and above. Training coordinators work with local hospitals and other health facilities to provide on-the-job training. Aside from job specific training, students are also taught job readiness, employability skills, leadership skills, life skills and personal development. You will also benefit greatly from the different post-graduation services and job placement assistance that comes with these programs.
Check out Some Local Schools:
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Let Regent Lead The Way
- No matter your passion, you'll find your place at Regent! Choose from more than 95 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (RN-MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)