Seattle is a great place to begin your nursing career, and you can start your career quickly. To become a registered nurse, it will take a couple of years of schooling, and this is with a full-time schedule. Attending class part-time will take much longer. However, there is an entry level position for nursing that only takes a few weeks of training to qualify for. This job is that of a certified nursing assistant. Often abbreviated CNA, people who do this work are working to support the nursing staff in a hospital or other health care environment.
The work done by a nursing assistant is usually things that relate directly to helping a patient. This may include assistance with eating, taking medication and areas of hygiene such as bathing. There may be a variety of other work that is done by a CNA, but all of it will relate to the assistance of registered nurses.
There is a simple process for getting the training you need to start working as a CNA. You need to enroll in a training program and successfully complete the courses. After this, you will want to take the Washington state examination to receive your certification This test reflects federal standards and will be helpful in other states in the nation if you should move to another part of the country.
There are many programs in the Seattle area also in close by in Tacoma, but before you sign up for one, you will want to make sure that is is an accredited program. For a program to be recognized as sufficient for an individual to get their certification, it must be a minimum of 85 hours. The training can be taken part-time or full-time, so obviously the more time you have to attend classes the sooner you will be able to begin your career in nursing. A part-time program can last three months while those attempting to take the course full-time may only need two to three weeks.
This short time frame is one of the most exciting aspects of becoming a CNA. You may have a job right now that you do not like, but you can change the direction of your entire life with only a few weeks of schooling. Once you start working in the health care field, you may want take part-time classes and move up to become a registered nurse. You may also want to take specialized courses that augment your CNA status making you more valuable in the hospital or care-giving environment. There are many people who make a nice living as a certified nursing assistant.
You will need to have a high school diploma before you take a CNA program. If you have a GED, this will be sufficient. The price of CNA training is much lower than attending college; however, it is not necessarily cheap either. There are some programs that will qualify for student aid from the government. Once you have completed your program, you will have earned a certificate. This should not be confused with state certification. You will become certified only after you pass the state examination.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology