Seattle is a great place to begin your nursing career, and you can start your career quickly. To become a registered nurse, it will take a couple of years of schooling, and this is with a full-time schedule. Attending class part-time will take much longer. However, there is an entry level position for nursing that only takes a few weeks of training to qualify for. This job is that of a certified nursing assistant. Often abbreviated CNA, people who do this work are working to support the nursing staff in a hospital or other health care environment.
The work done by a nursing assistant is usually things that relate directly to helping a patient. This may include assistance with eating, taking medication and areas of hygiene such as bathing. There may be a variety of other work that is done by a CNA, but all of it will relate to the assistance of registered nurses.
There is a simple process for getting the training you need to start working as a CNA. You need to enroll in a training program and successfully complete the courses. After this, you will want to take the Washington state examination to receive your certification This test reflects federal standards and will be helpful in other states in the nation if you should move to another part of the country.
There are many programs in the Seattle area also in close by in Tacoma, but before you sign up for one, you will want to make sure that is is an accredited program. For a program to be recognized as sufficient for an individual to get their certification, it must be a minimum of 85 hours. The training can be taken part-time or full-time, so obviously the more time you have to attend classes the sooner you will be able to begin your career in nursing. A part-time program can last three months while those attempting to take the course full-time may only need two to three weeks.
This short time frame is one of the most exciting aspects of becoming a CNA. You may have a job right now that you do not like, but you can change the direction of your entire life with only a few weeks of schooling. Once you start working in the health care field, you may want take part-time classes and move up to become a registered nurse. You may also want to take specialized courses that augment your CNA status making you more valuable in the hospital or care-giving environment. There are many people who make a nice living as a certified nursing assistant.
You will need to have a high school diploma before you take a CNA program. If you have a GED, this will be sufficient. The price of CNA training is much lower than attending college; however, it is not necessarily cheap either. There are some programs that will qualify for student aid from the government. Once you have completed your program, you will have earned a certificate. This should not be confused with state certification. You will become certified only after you pass the state examination.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)