Seattle is a great place to begin your nursing career, and you can start your career quickly. To become a registered nurse, it will take a couple of years of schooling, and this is with a full-time schedule. Attending class part-time will take much longer. However, there is an entry level position for nursing that only takes a few weeks of training to qualify for. This job is that of a certified nursing assistant. Often abbreviated CNA, people who do this work are working to support the nursing staff in a hospital or other health care environment.
The work done by a nursing assistant is usually things that relate directly to helping a patient. This may include assistance with eating, taking medication and areas of hygiene such as bathing. There may be a variety of other work that is done by a CNA, but all of it will relate to the assistance of registered nurses.
There is a simple process for getting the training you need to start working as a CNA. You need to enroll in a training program and successfully complete the courses. After this, you will want to take the Washington state examination to receive your certification This test reflects federal standards and will be helpful in other states in the nation if you should move to another part of the country.
There are many programs in the Seattle area also in close by in Tacoma, but before you sign up for one, you will want to make sure that is is an accredited program. For a program to be recognized as sufficient for an individual to get their certification, it must be a minimum of 85 hours. The training can be taken part-time or full-time, so obviously the more time you have to attend classes the sooner you will be able to begin your career in nursing. A part-time program can last three months while those attempting to take the course full-time may only need two to three weeks.
This short time frame is one of the most exciting aspects of becoming a CNA. You may have a job right now that you do not like, but you can change the direction of your entire life with only a few weeks of schooling. Once you start working in the health care field, you may want take part-time classes and move up to become a registered nurse. You may also want to take specialized courses that augment your CNA status making you more valuable in the hospital or care-giving environment. There are many people who make a nice living as a certified nursing assistant.
You will need to have a high school diploma before you take a CNA program. If you have a GED, this will be sufficient. The price of CNA training is much lower than attending college; however, it is not necessarily cheap either. There are some programs that will qualify for student aid from the government. Once you have completed your program, you will have earned a certificate. This should not be confused with state certification. You will become certified only after you pass the state examination.
Check out Some Local Schools:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!