If you would like to pursue a career in the healthcare industry, choosing to become a CNA in Spokane WA will be a wise career decision. This is because; not only is there a huge demand for Certified Nurses Assistant in Spokane that translates to good job prospects, but this field also provides some of the best opportunities for career advancement in the lucrative healthcare industry.
Although Washington State does not have any specific licensing requirements for CNAs, it is advisable to seek training and certification. This is the only sure way of getting a well-paying phlebotomy job in Spokane, or any other city in Washington.
CNA training and certification does not take a lot in terms of time and resources. The training takes a very short period of time. Depending on your choice training institution, you could be through with entire training and certification process within less than 2 months.
The other great thing about phlebotomy training in Spokane is that admission requirements for the program are simple. As far as you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you can be admitted into any of the phlebotomy schools in the city. Some training centers might require you to be at least 18 years of age. You should also have no criminal record, and be free of any criminal history.
There are many accredited certified nursing assistant training centers that cater for prospective CNAs in Spokane and surrounding areas. They include community colleges, ROP training centers, tech schools and private vocational training centers. You can search for these schools online. Note that, the admission requirements for each of these schools can very slightly. While doing your search, you can check them out, and make clarifications.
Although CNA coursework can be challenging to some, it is not hard to handle for any keen student. The course includes instructional training in both classroom and clinical settings. Some of the areas that are covered during training include physiology, anatomy, medical terminology and medical professional ethics. Students also learn the best techniques of collecting blood, labeling blood specimens, storing blood specimens, preventing diseases and laboratory information systems. During the practical classes, CNA students get hands-on training on how to collect blood. The last part of the program is the internship, which provides students with on-the-job training.
Once you graduate from the training program, you can seek certification from any of the national certifying agencies, such as the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, the National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel, or the American Society for Clinical Pathology. The requirements for certification by these agencies vary from one to the other. However, all of them require candidates to pass a written exam. After certification, you can seek work from your preferred healthcare facility.
Currently, there is a high demand for certified nursing assistants in the Spokane WA. This is primarily because; people who come into this field always use it as a stepping stone for other better-paying careers in the health industry. Many CNA only hold their jobs for a short period of time before leaving. So, chances of landing a good job in this beautiful city are very good, maybe being a CNA is not right for you but maybe becoming a phlebotomist in Spokane would be more up your ally.
Check out Some Local Schools:
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Let Regent Lead The Way
- No matter your passion, you'll find your place at Regent! Choose from more than 95 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Master of Education in Higher Education
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- And more...