If you are ready for a career in the field of health care and want to gain fast entry, then you should think about becoming a certified nursing assistant. This is a job that is performed by people in various health care settings for the purpose of supporting a staff of registered nurses. Although they are found in virtually every hospital, they can also be found is caregiver settings. This includes assisted living centers for the elderly, physical rehabilitation centers for those recovering from health problems and rehabilitation centers for those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
A CNA will assist a patient with their daily needs such as eating, dressing, and bathing. It also includes recording data to track the progress of patients as well as helping patients to take their medication. If you like helping people and caring for them, this could be a perfect job for you.
It is a job that requires technical training, but the good news is that this training can be learned quickly. In fact, the state of Washington requires 85 hours of training. There are several local programs available in Tacoma along with other areas like CNA Training in Seattle and Spokane, that will teach you what you need to know in as little as three weeks. This represents full-time schooling of six hour days for five days a week. In the beginning, you will learn some of what you need to know from lectures and textbooks. You will then learn from hands-on laboratory work.
After completing your course work, you can take an examination to become certified in the state of Washington. At this point you will be on your way to a great career filled with opportunities. The health care industry is growing in the United States, and with an aging society, it will only continue to grow. Working in the area of health care does not guarantee employment throughout your life, but it does come closer than other areas of employment. The demands for nursing in America is so great that many people have called it a shortage.
Once you become a CNA and start working in the field of nursing, you can always upgrade your education and get a two year degree to become a registered nurse. You can even take it a step or two further and get a four year college degree or a graduate degree. Those with a master’s degree in nursing not only have fascinating and fulfilling career but they also have a lucrative job.
You can also do well simply by taking specialized areas of training in health care to increase your knowledge base. In health care, it is experience as well as skill that are in demand. Of course, you can have a fulfilling career as a CNA without further education. Many people have satisfying careers in this area.
It can all begin for you today. In order to start your training, you will need to have graduated from high school. You will need both a photo identification card and a social security number. They will do a background check, so you cannot have a criminal record. The health care industry is very strict about this. The state of Washington also requires that you have proof that you have been tested for active tuberculosis.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online. We offer master's degree programs in management, accounting, and public policy that can be completed 100% online.
- MS in Management/Healthcare Administration