If you are ready for a career in the field of health care and want to gain fast entry, then you should think about becoming a certified nursing assistant. This is a job that is performed by people in various health care settings for the purpose of supporting a staff of registered nurses. Although they are found in virtually every hospital, they can also be found is caregiver settings. This includes assisted living centers for the elderly, physical rehabilitation centers for those recovering from health problems and rehabilitation centers for those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
A CNA will assist a patient with their daily needs such as eating, dressing, and bathing. It also includes recording data to track the progress of patients as well as helping patients to take their medication. If you like helping people and caring for them, this could be a perfect job for you.
It is a job that requires technical training, but the good news is that this training can be learned quickly. In fact, the state of Washington requires 85 hours of training. There are several local programs available in Tacoma along with other areas like CNA Training in Seattle and Spokane, that will teach you what you need to know in as little as three weeks. This represents full-time schooling of six hour days for five days a week. In the beginning, you will learn some of what you need to know from lectures and textbooks. You will then learn from hands-on laboratory work.
After completing your course work, you can take an examination to become certified in the state of Washington. At this point you will be on your way to a great career filled with opportunities. The health care industry is growing in the United States, and with an aging society, it will only continue to grow. Working in the area of health care does not guarantee employment throughout your life, but it does come closer than other areas of employment. The demands for nursing in America is so great that many people have called it a shortage.
Once you become a CNA and start working in the field of nursing, you can always upgrade your education and get a two year degree to become a registered nurse. You can even take it a step or two further and get a four year college degree or a graduate degree. Those with a master’s degree in nursing not only have fascinating and fulfilling career but they also have a lucrative job.
You can also do well simply by taking specialized areas of training in health care to increase your knowledge base. In health care, it is experience as well as skill that are in demand. Of course, you can have a fulfilling career as a CNA without further education. Many people have satisfying careers in this area.
It can all begin for you today. In order to start your training, you will need to have graduated from high school. You will need both a photo identification card and a social security number. They will do a background check, so you cannot have a criminal record. The health care industry is very strict about this. The state of Washington also requires that you have proof that you have been tested for active tuberculosis.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)