If you are ready for a career in the field of health care and want to gain fast entry, then you should think about becoming a certified nursing assistant. This is a job that is performed by people in various health care settings for the purpose of supporting a staff of registered nurses. Although they are found in virtually every hospital, they can also be found is caregiver settings. This includes assisted living centers for the elderly, physical rehabilitation centers for those recovering from health problems and rehabilitation centers for those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
A CNA will assist a patient with their daily needs such as eating, dressing, and bathing. It also includes recording data to track the progress of patients as well as helping patients to take their medication. If you like helping people and caring for them, this could be a perfect job for you.
It is a job that requires technical training, but the good news is that this training can be learned quickly. In fact, the state of Washington requires 85 hours of training. There are several local programs available in Tacoma along with other areas like CNA Training in Seattle and Spokane, that will teach you what you need to know in as little as three weeks. This represents full-time schooling of six hour days for five days a week. In the beginning, you will learn some of what you need to know from lectures and textbooks. You will then learn from hands-on laboratory work.
After completing your course work, you can take an examination to become certified in the state of Washington. At this point you will be on your way to a great career filled with opportunities. The health care industry is growing in the United States, and with an aging society, it will only continue to grow. Working in the area of health care does not guarantee employment throughout your life, but it does come closer than other areas of employment. The demands for nursing in America is so great that many people have called it a shortage.
Once you become a CNA and start working in the field of nursing, you can always upgrade your education and get a two year degree to become a registered nurse. You can even take it a step or two further and get a four year college degree or a graduate degree. Those with a master’s degree in nursing not only have fascinating and fulfilling career but they also have a lucrative job.
You can also do well simply by taking specialized areas of training in health care to increase your knowledge base. In health care, it is experience as well as skill that are in demand. Of course, you can have a fulfilling career as a CNA without further education. Many people have satisfying careers in this area.
It can all begin for you today. In order to start your training, you will need to have graduated from high school. You will need both a photo identification card and a social security number. They will do a background check, so you cannot have a criminal record. The health care industry is very strict about this. The state of Washington also requires that you have proof that you have been tested for active tuberculosis.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology