If you are ready for a career in the field of health care and want to gain fast entry, then you should think about becoming a certified nursing assistant. This is a job that is performed by people in various health care settings for the purpose of supporting a staff of registered nurses. Although they are found in virtually every hospital, they can also be found is caregiver settings. This includes assisted living centers for the elderly, physical rehabilitation centers for those recovering from health problems and rehabilitation centers for those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
A CNA will assist a patient with their daily needs such as eating, dressing, and bathing. It also includes recording data to track the progress of patients as well as helping patients to take their medication. If you like helping people and caring for them, this could be a perfect job for you.
It is a job that requires technical training, but the good news is that this training can be learned quickly. In fact, the state of Washington requires 85 hours of training. There are several local programs available in Tacoma along with other areas like CNA Training in Seattle and Spokane, that will teach you what you need to know in as little as three weeks. This represents full-time schooling of six hour days for five days a week. In the beginning, you will learn some of what you need to know from lectures and textbooks. You will then learn from hands-on laboratory work.
After completing your course work, you can take an examination to become certified in the state of Washington. At this point you will be on your way to a great career filled with opportunities. The health care industry is growing in the United States, and with an aging society, it will only continue to grow. Working in the area of health care does not guarantee employment throughout your life, but it does come closer than other areas of employment. The demands for nursing in America is so great that many people have called it a shortage.
Once you become a CNA and start working in the field of nursing, you can always upgrade your education and get a two year degree to become a registered nurse. You can even take it a step or two further and get a four year college degree or a graduate degree. Those with a master’s degree in nursing not only have fascinating and fulfilling career but they also have a lucrative job.
You can also do well simply by taking specialized areas of training in health care to increase your knowledge base. In health care, it is experience as well as skill that are in demand. Of course, you can have a fulfilling career as a CNA without further education. Many people have satisfying careers in this area.
It can all begin for you today. In order to start your training, you will need to have graduated from high school. You will need both a photo identification card and a social security number. They will do a background check, so you cannot have a criminal record. The health care industry is very strict about this. The state of Washington also requires that you have proof that you have been tested for active tuberculosis.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Bachelors
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Masters
- Higher Education - Bachelors
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track