If you are ready for a career in the field of health care and want to gain fast entry, then you should think about becoming a certified nursing assistant. This is a job that is performed by people in various health care settings for the purpose of supporting a staff of registered nurses. Although they are found in virtually every hospital, they can also be found is caregiver settings. This includes assisted living centers for the elderly, physical rehabilitation centers for those recovering from health problems and rehabilitation centers for those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
A CNA will assist a patient with their daily needs such as eating, dressing, and bathing. It also includes recording data to track the progress of patients as well as helping patients to take their medication. If you like helping people and caring for them, this could be a perfect job for you.
It is a job that requires technical training, but the good news is that this training can be learned quickly. In fact, the state of Washington requires 85 hours of training. There are several local programs available in Tacoma along with other areas like CNA Training in Seattle and Spokane, that will teach you what you need to know in as little as three weeks. This represents full-time schooling of six hour days for five days a week. In the beginning, you will learn some of what you need to know from lectures and textbooks. You will then learn from hands-on laboratory work.
After completing your course work, you can take an examination to become certified in the state of Washington. At this point you will be on your way to a great career filled with opportunities. The health care industry is growing in the United States, and with an aging society, it will only continue to grow. Working in the area of health care does not guarantee employment throughout your life, but it does come closer than other areas of employment. The demands for nursing in America is so great that many people have called it a shortage.
Once you become a CNA and start working in the field of nursing, you can always upgrade your education and get a two year degree to become a registered nurse. You can even take it a step or two further and get a four year college degree or a graduate degree. Those with a master’s degree in nursing not only have fascinating and fulfilling career but they also have a lucrative job.
You can also do well simply by taking specialized areas of training in health care to increase your knowledge base. In health care, it is experience as well as skill that are in demand. Of course, you can have a fulfilling career as a CNA without further education. Many people have satisfying careers in this area.
It can all begin for you today. In order to start your training, you will need to have graduated from high school. You will need both a photo identification card and a social security number. They will do a background check, so you cannot have a criminal record. The health care industry is very strict about this. The state of Washington also requires that you have proof that you have been tested for active tuberculosis.
Check out Some Local Schools:
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years. Our nationally-ranked graduate programs provide flexible opportunities to students around the globe
- Online MSN Nurse Educator Degree
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing