For 35 years, New York County Regional Occupational Program (ROP) has provided technical education to high school students and adults in throughout the county, including Utica city. The courses offered through the program have helped many young people and adults to achieve academic, as well as career success in different fields. If you are currently in high school, out of work, or thinking about changing your career, you should enroll for CNA training at your local ROP.
Reasons why you should take a ROP course
ROP classes and CNA trainings in Utica are highly beneficial to all the stakeholders involved, including students, schools, employers and communities. However, students draw the largest share of benefits from this program. When you enroll for a ROP course in any of Utica’s public high schools, community colleges or private vocational training centers, you will get high-quality job training, career counseling and guidance at almost zero cost.
ROP classes in Utica are tuition-free, and you don’t have to worry about costs. If you don’t have money for college, ROP provides a wonderful chance to revive your dreams. You can train and get certification for a certain course such as phlebotomy, computer engineering or Certified Nursing Assistant, and look for a job to get money for your college fees. Many high school graduates who did not have money for college have taken advantage of these programs to get skills and jobs that have allowed them to pursue further education.
If you are a college-bound student, ROP classes will provide you with a great chance to explore your desired career. The training will impart on you job-specific skills, knowledge and attitude that will enable you to succeed in your career. Aside from the training, you will also get a chance to feel the working condition found in your industry through on-the-job instruction that is conducted in industry sites. Additionally, you can evaluate whether you can excel in that particular occupation before investing your time and resources in it.
In addition to providing you with an invaluable practical experience, on-the-job training offered through ROP will give you an opportunity to get professional contacts in your field of interest. These contacts coupled with career guidance and your instructor’s recommendation will come in handy when you are looking for a job. In short, ROP will make it very easy for you to find a job.
CNA training in Utica are conducted by credentialed teachers who are widely experienced both in working and instructing trainees in their particular fields. This ensures that students get the best possible instruction. The subsequent internships provide students with real-world experiences that help them to explore their college major.
Business and industry leaders are usually involved in the development and regular review of the curriculum of courses offered under ROP in Utica. This means that students are taught competencies and skills that are needed by employers. As a result, they are able to effectively compete in the job market.
ROP classes are available in most public high schools, community colleges or vocational training schools in Utica. You can locate the ROP training center near your current location using the internet.
Check out Some Local Schools:
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Certified Nurses Aide
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Dental Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Physical Therapy Aide
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator