For 35 years, New York County Regional Occupational Program (ROP) has provided technical education to high school students and adults in throughout the county, including Utica city. The courses offered through the program have helped many young people and adults to achieve academic, as well as career success in different fields. If you are currently in high school, out of work, or thinking about changing your career, you should enroll for CNA training at your local ROP.
Reasons why you should take a ROP course
ROP classes and CNA trainings in Utica are highly beneficial to all the stakeholders involved, including students, schools, employers and communities. However, students draw the largest share of benefits from this program. When you enroll for a ROP course in any of Utica’s public high schools, community colleges or private vocational training centers, you will get high-quality job training, career counseling and guidance at almost zero cost.
ROP classes in Utica are tuition-free, and you don’t have to worry about costs. If you don’t have money for college, ROP provides a wonderful chance to revive your dreams. You can train and get certification for a certain course such as phlebotomy, computer engineering or Certified Nursing Assistant, and look for a job to get money for your college fees. Many high school graduates who did not have money for college have taken advantage of these programs to get skills and jobs that have allowed them to pursue further education.
If you are a college-bound student, ROP classes will provide you with a great chance to explore your desired career. The training will impart on you job-specific skills, knowledge and attitude that will enable you to succeed in your career. Aside from the training, you will also get a chance to feel the working condition found in your industry through on-the-job instruction that is conducted in industry sites. Additionally, you can evaluate whether you can excel in that particular occupation before investing your time and resources in it.
In addition to providing you with an invaluable practical experience, on-the-job training offered through ROP will give you an opportunity to get professional contacts in your field of interest. These contacts coupled with career guidance and your instructor’s recommendation will come in handy when you are looking for a job. In short, ROP will make it very easy for you to find a job.
CNA training in Utica are conducted by credentialed teachers who are widely experienced both in working and instructing trainees in their particular fields. This ensures that students get the best possible instruction. The subsequent internships provide students with real-world experiences that help them to explore their college major.
Business and industry leaders are usually involved in the development and regular review of the curriculum of courses offered under ROP in Utica. This means that students are taught competencies and skills that are needed by employers. As a result, they are able to effectively compete in the job market.
ROP classes are available in most public high schools, community colleges or vocational training schools in Utica. You can locate the ROP training center near your current location using the internet.
Check out Some Local Schools:
- Certified Nurses Aide
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
About the College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW's academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College's technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- AAS-Medical Assistant Management
- Medical Office Specialist
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator