As a young person who is planning to pursue a career in the healthcare industry, undertaking phlebotomy training in Portland OR will be worth the effort. This will help you to enter into one of the few lucrative career fields where jobs are almost guaranteed due to chronic understaffing. In fact, you could start earning as much as $15 per hour after just a few months of phlebotomy training in Portland Oregon!
Phlebotomy training in Portland
Phlebotomy training is composed of a short-term course where students learn how to collect, handle, transport and process blood specimens for lab analysis. As a student, you will get to learn medical aspects of phlebotomy such as physiology, anatomy and information on various pathological conditions. Other topics that are covered in a typical phlebotomy class include usage and care of lab equipment, laboratory information systems, quality control, as well as safety procedures.
Fondly nicknamed as The City of Roses, Portland OR is one of the best places where you can study phlebotomy, along with Vancouver WA and Seattle. Aside from its scenic beauty and great environment, there are many technical schools, community colleges, private vocational institutions as well as universities that offer phlebotomy training in Portland OR. There is also a high demand for phlebotomists in the city and surrounding areas. If you are thinking about pursuing phlebotomy as a career, Portland OR offers an ideal starting point.
When you are searching for a school to enroll for phlebotomy classes, it is advisable to choose one that offers the certification course within the shortest time possible. The course can be completed in four or even fewer months. Your choice school should also be one that provides adequate phlebotomy training using the latest standards. Additionally, it should have access to the recommended certifications. Selecting such a school will ensure good job prospects after completion.
Phlebotomist Careers in Portland OR
Phlebotomists are always in high demand in Portland, and this is not expected to change any time soon. Institutions that frequently hire phlebotomists in the city include hospitals, research laboratories, healthcare clinics and blood banks. The most lucrative phlebotomy positions are normally found in large hospitals and blood banks. Here, you could earn as much as $16 per hour.
As a phlebotomist in Portland OR, you will mostly be involved in collecting blood from different kinds of patients. Some employers might give you additional clinical or administrative tasks depending on your experience. The amount of work also varies from one health institution to another. Phlebotomists in large medical facilities have larger workloads compared to their counterparts in smaller offices.
Once you complete your phlebotomy training, you could choose to make it your career, or work part-time as you pursue other interests. Many students pursuing different healthcare courses double up as phlebotomists. This helps them to earn good money and they can go anywhere like Orange County and have a job.
Note that, although there are opportunities for career advancement in phlebotomy, such as taking up supervisory or managerial roles, it may not be the right one for you if you want to rise up the ladder in the medical field. However, it still remains a great starting point, especially if you would like to pursue a nursing or medical assistant career.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)