As a young person who is planning to pursue a career in the healthcare industry, undertaking phlebotomy training in Portland OR will be worth the effort. This will help you to enter into one of the few lucrative career fields where jobs are almost guaranteed due to chronic understaffing. In fact, you could start earning as much as $15 per hour after just a few months of phlebotomy training in Portland Oregon!
Phlebotomy training in Portland
Phlebotomy training is composed of a short-term course where students learn how to collect, handle, transport and process blood specimens for lab analysis. As a student, you will get to learn medical aspects of phlebotomy such as physiology, anatomy and information on various pathological conditions. Other topics that are covered in a typical phlebotomy class include usage and care of lab equipment, laboratory information systems, quality control, as well as safety procedures.
Fondly nicknamed as The City of Roses, Portland OR is one of the best places where you can study phlebotomy, along with Vancouver WA and Seattle. Aside from its scenic beauty and great environment, there are many technical schools, community colleges, private vocational institutions as well as universities that offer phlebotomy training in Portland OR. There is also a high demand for phlebotomists in the city and surrounding areas. If you are thinking about pursuing phlebotomy as a career, Portland OR offers an ideal starting point.
When you are searching for a school to enroll for phlebotomy classes, it is advisable to choose one that offers the certification course within the shortest time possible. The course can be completed in four or even fewer months. Your choice school should also be one that provides adequate phlebotomy training using the latest standards. Additionally, it should have access to the recommended certifications. Selecting such a school will ensure good job prospects after completion.
Phlebotomist Careers in Portland OR
Phlebotomists are always in high demand in Portland, and this is not expected to change any time soon. Institutions that frequently hire phlebotomists in the city include hospitals, research laboratories, healthcare clinics and blood banks. The most lucrative phlebotomy positions are normally found in large hospitals and blood banks. Here, you could earn as much as $16 per hour.
As a phlebotomist in Portland OR, you will mostly be involved in collecting blood from different kinds of patients. Some employers might give you additional clinical or administrative tasks depending on your experience. The amount of work also varies from one health institution to another. Phlebotomists in large medical facilities have larger workloads compared to their counterparts in smaller offices.
Once you complete your phlebotomy training, you could choose to make it your career, or work part-time as you pursue other interests. Many students pursuing different healthcare courses double up as phlebotomists. This helps them to earn good money and they can go anywhere like Orange County and have a job.
Note that, although there are opportunities for career advancement in phlebotomy, such as taking up supervisory or managerial roles, it may not be the right one for you if you want to rise up the ladder in the medical field. However, it still remains a great starting point, especially if you would like to pursue a nursing or medical assistant career.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto and Redding in California, and Salem in Oregon.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education