As a young person who is planning to pursue a career in the healthcare industry, undertaking phlebotomy training in Portland OR will be worth the effort. This will help you to enter into one of the few lucrative career fields where jobs are almost guaranteed due to chronic understaffing. In fact, you could start earning as much as $15 per hour after just a few months of phlebotomy training in Portland Oregon!
Phlebotomy training in Portland
Phlebotomy training is composed of a short-term course where students learn how to collect, handle, transport and process blood specimens for lab analysis. As a student, you will get to learn medical aspects of phlebotomy such as physiology, anatomy and information on various pathological conditions. Other topics that are covered in a typical phlebotomy class include usage and care of lab equipment, laboratory information systems, quality control, as well as safety procedures.
Fondly nicknamed as The City of Roses, Portland OR is one of the best places where you can study phlebotomy, along with Vancouver WA and Seattle. Aside from its scenic beauty and great environment, there are many technical schools, community colleges, private vocational institutions as well as universities that offer phlebotomy training in Portland OR. There is also a high demand for phlebotomists in the city and surrounding areas. If you are thinking about pursuing phlebotomy as a career, Portland OR offers an ideal starting point.
When you are searching for a school to enroll for phlebotomy classes, it is advisable to choose one that offers the certification course within the shortest time possible. The course can be completed in four or even fewer months. Your choice school should also be one that provides adequate phlebotomy training using the latest standards. Additionally, it should have access to the recommended certifications. Selecting such a school will ensure good job prospects after completion.
Phlebotomist Careers in Portland OR
Phlebotomists are always in high demand in Portland, and this is not expected to change any time soon. Institutions that frequently hire phlebotomists in the city include hospitals, research laboratories, healthcare clinics and blood banks. The most lucrative phlebotomy positions are normally found in large hospitals and blood banks. Here, you could earn as much as $16 per hour.
As a phlebotomist in Portland OR, you will mostly be involved in collecting blood from different kinds of patients. Some employers might give you additional clinical or administrative tasks depending on your experience. The amount of work also varies from one health institution to another. Phlebotomists in large medical facilities have larger workloads compared to their counterparts in smaller offices.
Once you complete your phlebotomy training, you could choose to make it your career, or work part-time as you pursue other interests. Many students pursuing different healthcare courses double up as phlebotomists. This helps them to earn good money and they can go anywhere like Orange County and have a job.
Note that, although there are opportunities for career advancement in phlebotomy, such as taking up supervisory or managerial roles, it may not be the right one for you if you want to rise up the ladder in the medical field. However, it still remains a great starting point, especially if you would like to pursue a nursing or medical assistant career.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management