As a young person who is planning to pursue a career in the healthcare industry, undertaking phlebotomy training in Portland OR will be worth the effort. This will help you to enter into one of the few lucrative career fields where jobs are almost guaranteed due to chronic understaffing. In fact, you could start earning as much as $15 per hour after just a few months of phlebotomy training in Portland Oregon!
Phlebotomy training in Portland
Phlebotomy training is composed of a short-term course where students learn how to collect, handle, transport and process blood specimens for lab analysis. As a student, you will get to learn medical aspects of phlebotomy such as physiology, anatomy and information on various pathological conditions. Other topics that are covered in a typical phlebotomy class include usage and care of lab equipment, laboratory information systems, quality control, as well as safety procedures.
Fondly nicknamed as The City of Roses, Portland OR is one of the best places where you can study phlebotomy, along with Vancouver WA and Seattle. Aside from its scenic beauty and great environment, there are many technical schools, community colleges, private vocational institutions as well as universities that offer phlebotomy training in Portland OR. There is also a high demand for phlebotomists in the city and surrounding areas. If you are thinking about pursuing phlebotomy as a career, Portland OR offers an ideal starting point.
When you are searching for a school to enroll for phlebotomy classes, it is advisable to choose one that offers the certification course within the shortest time possible. The course can be completed in four or even fewer months. Your choice school should also be one that provides adequate phlebotomy training using the latest standards. Additionally, it should have access to the recommended certifications. Selecting such a school will ensure good job prospects after completion.
Phlebotomist Careers in Portland OR
Phlebotomists are always in high demand in Portland, and this is not expected to change any time soon. Institutions that frequently hire phlebotomists in the city include hospitals, research laboratories, healthcare clinics and blood banks. The most lucrative phlebotomy positions are normally found in large hospitals and blood banks. Here, you could earn as much as $16 per hour.
As a phlebotomist in Portland OR, you will mostly be involved in collecting blood from different kinds of patients. Some employers might give you additional clinical or administrative tasks depending on your experience. The amount of work also varies from one health institution to another. Phlebotomists in large medical facilities have larger workloads compared to their counterparts in smaller offices.
Once you complete your phlebotomy training, you could choose to make it your career, or work part-time as you pursue other interests. Many students pursuing different healthcare courses double up as phlebotomists. This helps them to earn good money and they can go anywhere like Orange County and have a job.
Note that, although there are opportunities for career advancement in phlebotomy, such as taking up supervisory or managerial roles, it may not be the right one for you if you want to rise up the ladder in the medical field. However, it still remains a great starting point, especially if you would like to pursue a nursing or medical assistant career.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)