As a young person who is planning to pursue a career in the healthcare industry, undertaking phlebotomy training in Portland OR will be worth the effort. This will help you to enter into one of the few lucrative career fields where jobs are almost guaranteed due to chronic understaffing. In fact, you could start earning as much as $15 per hour after just a few months of phlebotomy training in Portland Oregon!
Phlebotomy training in Portland
Phlebotomy training is composed of a short-term course where students learn how to collect, handle, transport and process blood specimens for lab analysis. As a student, you will get to learn medical aspects of phlebotomy such as physiology, anatomy and information on various pathological conditions. Other topics that are covered in a typical phlebotomy class include usage and care of lab equipment, laboratory information systems, quality control, as well as safety procedures.
Fondly nicknamed as The City of Roses, Portland OR is one of the best places where you can study phlebotomy, along with Vancouver WA and Seattle. Aside from its scenic beauty and great environment, there are many technical schools, community colleges, private vocational institutions as well as universities that offer phlebotomy training in Portland OR. There is also a high demand for phlebotomists in the city and surrounding areas. If you are thinking about pursuing phlebotomy as a career, Portland OR offers an ideal starting point.
When you are searching for a school to enroll for phlebotomy classes, it is advisable to choose one that offers the certification course within the shortest time possible. The course can be completed in four or even fewer months. Your choice school should also be one that provides adequate phlebotomy training using the latest standards. Additionally, it should have access to the recommended certifications. Selecting such a school will ensure good job prospects after completion.
Phlebotomist Careers in Portland OR
Phlebotomists are always in high demand in Portland, and this is not expected to change any time soon. Institutions that frequently hire phlebotomists in the city include hospitals, research laboratories, healthcare clinics and blood banks. The most lucrative phlebotomy positions are normally found in large hospitals and blood banks. Here, you could earn as much as $16 per hour.
As a phlebotomist in Portland OR, you will mostly be involved in collecting blood from different kinds of patients. Some employers might give you additional clinical or administrative tasks depending on your experience. The amount of work also varies from one health institution to another. Phlebotomists in large medical facilities have larger workloads compared to their counterparts in smaller offices.
Once you complete your phlebotomy training, you could choose to make it your career, or work part-time as you pursue other interests. Many students pursuing different healthcare courses double up as phlebotomists. This helps them to earn good money and they can go anywhere like Orange County and have a job.
Note that, although there are opportunities for career advancement in phlebotomy, such as taking up supervisory or managerial roles, it may not be the right one for you if you want to rise up the ladder in the medical field. However, it still remains a great starting point, especially if you would like to pursue a nursing or medical assistant career.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing