Any medical facility out there ranging from clinics to the best medical institutions in the world need the services of someone who has trained in phlebotomy. I know now a question jumps in your mind, “What does the word phlebotomy mean?” you will find out in a short while and also see how this practice is important in the medical field in Seattle WA along with other cities like Portland or Spokane.
What is phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the process of collecting, transporting and handling blood samples from patients in a medical institution or in the field by capillary puncture or venipuncture. The blood is then analyzed to come up with a diagnosis. Phlebotomy in Seattle WA is performed by individuals (phlebotomist or phlebotomy technician) who have been trained and prepared by an institution that offers the phlebotomy program.
The Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy technicians form an important part of the medical laboratory team. You as the technician are supposed to ensure samples are collected and delivered to where they are needed in the best way possible. You are supposed to follow strict professional behavior and also stick to the standards of the practice so that you are able to deliver quality specimen and at the same time ensure patient safety.
The phlebotomy program
Before you can successfully perform the duties of a phlebotomist, you need to undertake training in phlebotomy. This training will make you eligible to work in inpatient laboratories, outpatient laboratories, physician offices, medical clinics and collect specimen from outside medical facilities such as where there has been an accident.
The best thing about this practice is that it is dynamic. In as much as it is common, it is a very important career with new and better strategies appearing regularly. The field has gained to a large extent from better and safer blood collection procedures. This field is on high demand in Seattle WA.
What you will learn
In this program you will get to learn through two approaches:
Classroom plus laboratory training. You will attend lectures and laboratory demonstrations that will give you skills about how to properly collect blood specimens.
Here you will be able to learn:
Common medical terminologies
Anatomy and physiology
Safety and infection control
Health care delivery systems
Proper handling of patients
Handling and taking care of applications, devices and materials used in the process.
Specimen collection from pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Specimen analysis and handling.
You will visit health institutions in Seattle WA. You will utilize the insight the institutions provide to you in this field to improve on your skills and get hands – on experience. The institutions will be different so that you can get experience from different settings.
Once you have undertaken the program and succeeded, you will receive a certificate of completion. This will make you eligible to take the national certifying examination.
Still not decided whether to apply or not?
Here are a few of the benefits of this field:
You will be taught by experts in the medical field.
Have access to state of the art labs.
Fast training for a career which is on high demand
Assistance with job placement
The training is focused towards immediate employment. Don’t lose more time, apply for phlebotomy training in Seattle or Tacoma today!
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Let Regent Lead The Way
- No matter your passion, you'll find your place at Regent! Choose from more than 95 areas of study in the subject areas employers demand.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)