Any medical facility out there ranging from clinics to the best medical institutions in the world need the services of someone who has trained in phlebotomy. I know now a question jumps in your mind, “What does the word phlebotomy mean?” you will find out in a short while and also see how this practice is important in the medical field in Seattle WA along with other cities like Portland or Spokane.
What is phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the process of collecting, transporting and handling blood samples from patients in a medical institution or in the field by capillary puncture or venipuncture. The blood is then analyzed to come up with a diagnosis. Phlebotomy in Seattle WA is performed by individuals (phlebotomist or phlebotomy technician) who have been trained and prepared by an institution that offers the phlebotomy program.
The Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy technicians form an important part of the medical laboratory team. You as the technician are supposed to ensure samples are collected and delivered to where they are needed in the best way possible. You are supposed to follow strict professional behavior and also stick to the standards of the practice so that you are able to deliver quality specimen and at the same time ensure patient safety.
The phlebotomy program
Before you can successfully perform the duties of a phlebotomist, you need to undertake training in phlebotomy. This training will make you eligible to work in inpatient laboratories, outpatient laboratories, physician offices, medical clinics and collect specimen from outside medical facilities such as where there has been an accident.
The best thing about this practice is that it is dynamic. In as much as it is common, it is a very important career with new and better strategies appearing regularly. The field has gained to a large extent from better and safer blood collection procedures. This field is on high demand in Seattle WA.
What you will learn
In this program you will get to learn through two approaches:
Classroom plus laboratory training. You will attend lectures and laboratory demonstrations that will give you skills about how to properly collect blood specimens.
Here you will be able to learn:
Common medical terminologies
Anatomy and physiology
Safety and infection control
Health care delivery systems
Proper handling of patients
Handling and taking care of applications, devices and materials used in the process.
Specimen collection from pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Specimen analysis and handling.
You will visit health institutions in Seattle WA. You will utilize the insight the institutions provide to you in this field to improve on your skills and get hands – on experience. The institutions will be different so that you can get experience from different settings.
Once you have undertaken the program and succeeded, you will receive a certificate of completion. This will make you eligible to take the national certifying examination.
Still not decided whether to apply or not?
Here are a few of the benefits of this field:
You will be taught by experts in the medical field.
Have access to state of the art labs.
Fast training for a career which is on high demand
Assistance with job placement
The training is focused towards immediate employment. Don’t lose more time, apply for phlebotomy training in Seattle or Tacoma today!
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years. Our nationally-ranked graduate programs provide flexible opportunities to students around the globe
- Online MSN Nurse Educator Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)
- And more...