Any medical facility out there ranging from clinics to the best medical institutions in the world need the services of someone who has trained in phlebotomy. I know now a question jumps in your mind, “What does the word phlebotomy mean?” you will find out in a short while and also see how this practice is important in the medical field in Seattle WA along with other cities like Portland or Spokane.
What is phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the process of collecting, transporting and handling blood samples from patients in a medical institution or in the field by capillary puncture or venipuncture. The blood is then analyzed to come up with a diagnosis. Phlebotomy in Seattle WA is performed by individuals (phlebotomist or phlebotomy technician) who have been trained and prepared by an institution that offers the phlebotomy program.
The Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy technicians form an important part of the medical laboratory team. You as the technician are supposed to ensure samples are collected and delivered to where they are needed in the best way possible. You are supposed to follow strict professional behavior and also stick to the standards of the practice so that you are able to deliver quality specimen and at the same time ensure patient safety.
The phlebotomy program
Before you can successfully perform the duties of a phlebotomist, you need to undertake training in phlebotomy. This training will make you eligible to work in inpatient laboratories, outpatient laboratories, physician offices, medical clinics and collect specimen from outside medical facilities such as where there has been an accident.
The best thing about this practice is that it is dynamic. In as much as it is common, it is a very important career with new and better strategies appearing regularly. The field has gained to a large extent from better and safer blood collection procedures. This field is on high demand in Seattle WA.
What you will learn
In this program you will get to learn through two approaches:
Classroom plus laboratory training. You will attend lectures and laboratory demonstrations that will give you skills about how to properly collect blood specimens.
Here you will be able to learn:
Common medical terminologies
Anatomy and physiology
Safety and infection control
Health care delivery systems
Proper handling of patients
Handling and taking care of applications, devices and materials used in the process.
Specimen collection from pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Specimen analysis and handling.
You will visit health institutions in Seattle WA. You will utilize the insight the institutions provide to you in this field to improve on your skills and get hands – on experience. The institutions will be different so that you can get experience from different settings.
Once you have undertaken the program and succeeded, you will receive a certificate of completion. This will make you eligible to take the national certifying examination.
Still not decided whether to apply or not?
Here are a few of the benefits of this field:
You will be taught by experts in the medical field.
Have access to state of the art labs.
Fast training for a career which is on high demand
Assistance with job placement
The training is focused towards immediate employment. Don’t lose more time, apply for phlebotomy training in Seattle or Tacoma today!
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)