Any medical facility out there ranging from clinics to the best medical institutions in the world need the services of someone who has trained in phlebotomy. I know now a question jumps in your mind, “What does the word phlebotomy mean?” you will find out in a short while and also see how this practice is important in the medical field in Seattle WA along with other cities like Portland or Spokane.
What is phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the process of collecting, transporting and handling blood samples from patients in a medical institution or in the field by capillary puncture or venipuncture. The blood is then analyzed to come up with a diagnosis. Phlebotomy in Seattle WA is performed by individuals (phlebotomist or phlebotomy technician) who have been trained and prepared by an institution that offers the phlebotomy program.
The Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy technicians form an important part of the medical laboratory team. You as the technician are supposed to ensure samples are collected and delivered to where they are needed in the best way possible. You are supposed to follow strict professional behavior and also stick to the standards of the practice so that you are able to deliver quality specimen and at the same time ensure patient safety.
The phlebotomy program
Before you can successfully perform the duties of a phlebotomist, you need to undertake training in phlebotomy. This training will make you eligible to work in inpatient laboratories, outpatient laboratories, physician offices, medical clinics and collect specimen from outside medical facilities such as where there has been an accident.
The best thing about this practice is that it is dynamic. In as much as it is common, it is a very important career with new and better strategies appearing regularly. The field has gained to a large extent from better and safer blood collection procedures. This field is on high demand in Seattle WA.
What you will learn
In this program you will get to learn through two approaches:
Classroom plus laboratory training. You will attend lectures and laboratory demonstrations that will give you skills about how to properly collect blood specimens.
Here you will be able to learn:
Common medical terminologies
Anatomy and physiology
Safety and infection control
Health care delivery systems
Proper handling of patients
Handling and taking care of applications, devices and materials used in the process.
Specimen collection from pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Specimen analysis and handling.
You will visit health institutions in Seattle WA. You will utilize the insight the institutions provide to you in this field to improve on your skills and get hands – on experience. The institutions will be different so that you can get experience from different settings.
Once you have undertaken the program and succeeded, you will receive a certificate of completion. This will make you eligible to take the national certifying examination.
Still not decided whether to apply or not?
Here are a few of the benefits of this field:
You will be taught by experts in the medical field.
Have access to state of the art labs.
Fast training for a career which is on high demand
Assistance with job placement
The training is focused towards immediate employment. Don’t lose more time, apply for phlebotomy training in Seattle or Tacoma today!
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- And more...
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Forensic Psychology