Any medical facility out there ranging from clinics to the best medical institutions in the world need the services of someone who has trained in phlebotomy. I know now a question jumps in your mind, “What does the word phlebotomy mean?” you will find out in a short while and also see how this practice is important in the medical field in Seattle WA along with other cities like Portland or Spokane.
What is phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the process of collecting, transporting and handling blood samples from patients in a medical institution or in the field by capillary puncture or venipuncture. The blood is then analyzed to come up with a diagnosis. Phlebotomy in Seattle WA is performed by individuals (phlebotomist or phlebotomy technician) who have been trained and prepared by an institution that offers the phlebotomy program.
The Phlebotomy Technician
Phlebotomy technicians form an important part of the medical laboratory team. You as the technician are supposed to ensure samples are collected and delivered to where they are needed in the best way possible. You are supposed to follow strict professional behavior and also stick to the standards of the practice so that you are able to deliver quality specimen and at the same time ensure patient safety.
The phlebotomy program
Before you can successfully perform the duties of a phlebotomist, you need to undertake training in phlebotomy. This training will make you eligible to work in inpatient laboratories, outpatient laboratories, physician offices, medical clinics and collect specimen from outside medical facilities such as where there has been an accident.
The best thing about this practice is that it is dynamic. In as much as it is common, it is a very important career with new and better strategies appearing regularly. The field has gained to a large extent from better and safer blood collection procedures. This field is on high demand in Seattle WA.
What you will learn
In this program you will get to learn through two approaches:
Classroom plus laboratory training. You will attend lectures and laboratory demonstrations that will give you skills about how to properly collect blood specimens.
Here you will be able to learn:
Common medical terminologies
Anatomy and physiology
Safety and infection control
Health care delivery systems
Proper handling of patients
Handling and taking care of applications, devices and materials used in the process.
Specimen collection from pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Specimen analysis and handling.
You will visit health institutions in Seattle WA. You will utilize the insight the institutions provide to you in this field to improve on your skills and get hands – on experience. The institutions will be different so that you can get experience from different settings.
Once you have undertaken the program and succeeded, you will receive a certificate of completion. This will make you eligible to take the national certifying examination.
Still not decided whether to apply or not?
Here are a few of the benefits of this field:
You will be taught by experts in the medical field.
Have access to state of the art labs.
Fast training for a career which is on high demand
Assistance with job placement
The training is focused towards immediate employment. Don’t lose more time, apply for phlebotomy training in Seattle or Tacoma today!
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)