Phlebotomy program involves learning about learning venepuncture, blood sampling techniques and specimen collection. Students under the program also learn how to operate equipment and tools used in phlebotomy, and the necessary safety procedures.
Phlebotomy certification is a requirement for registration, or licensing of phlebotomists in some states. It opens the door to phlebotomy job opportunities in hospitals, private clinics and healthcare centers.
Tacoma WA is one of the best places where you can undertake phlebotomy course in the country. Many technical schools, colleges and universities in Tacoma WA offer phlebotomy courses, and most of them have campuses in multiple locations.
Voted as one of the best places to live, Tacoma is also a great place to stay while attending phlebotomy school. The city is characterized by many beautiful parks, walkways and other recreational facilities. Its peaceful environment, breathtaking architecture, historic landmarks and cultural attractions provide a perfect setting for a study destination.
The other great thing about studying phlebotomy in Tacoma WA is the ease with which you can access various colleges and universities that offer this course. The city has one of the most advanced intercity transportation in the country. The Greyhound inter-city bus is accessible from the Station. Amtrak operates daily train services from Tacoma to other cities or states, including Seattle, California, Sacramento, Emeryville, Portland, Olympia-Lacey and Eugene, Oregon. This means that you don’t have to be stay in Tacoma WA while studying for your phlebotomy certification.
Phlebotomy programs in Tacoma WA have become very popular, especially with young people with interest in pursuing a career in the healthcare industry. This is because working as a phlebotomist in reputable healthcare institutions can be very lucrative. Some phlebotomists are known to earn as high as $4,000 per month.
Pursuing phlebotomy training and certification is very important for anyone working in this area. This job is challenging since it involves drawing of blood from patient without causing them pain. During training, students learn the best techniques to carry out this task.
Candidates who are interested in lucrative job openings in reputable healthcare centers are thoroughly tested during the interview. You can only get one of these jobs if you are well-trained and certified. This is the other main reason why you should undergo a phlebotomy training program in Tacoma or any other place. The training and certification offered in Washington will enable you to get the recognition you need in a good hospital. It will also equip you with the skills to deliver quality services.
Note that, aside from working as a full-time phlebotomist, you can work part time as you pursue further education or any other interest. Many students who are planning to become nurses, paramedics and doctors work as part-time phlebotomists while pursuing their studies. This allows them to earn some decent pocket money to take care of their needs.
Part-time phlebotomy technicians are in high demand, especially in research laboratories and private clinics. They usually work on shift basis, and can earn good money just like their counterparts who work full-time.
If you would like to pursue phlebotomy in Tacoma, you should make use of the internet to locate a good training center. Read through reviews of Phlebotomy programs offered by various schools. This will help you to determine the one that is best suited for you.
You could also opt for an online phlebotomy course. Many schools in Tacoma offer online phlebotomy certifications. This online program offers a very convenient and cost-effective way of getting certification.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)