This is the greek word meaning ‘to cut a vein’. In modern day medical terminology, phlebotomy is defined as the process of making incision on a vein. As the definition clearly states, this is not for those who freeze at the sight of blood or those who bolt on seeing a needle. This procedure has been practised in ancient times but the name for it then was bloodletting. Many states in the US have embraced phlebotomy as a career choice and to practise in many states does not emphasize certification except for Louisiana and Florida. Certification for any professional is important to any employer as it implies that one has passed required government standards and gives confidence in performance.
Vancouver WA, is a place where trained phlebotomists are in high demand. The highest number of job listings from vancouver are for phlebotomists. The salary for most certified phlebotomists is twenty six thousand dollars and this is way above the uncertified practitioners. The earlier you get that practising license and certificate the better as it is important to build a good resume before it becomes too crowded an option. Statistics indicate a whooping number of newly certified phlebotomists every year.
Phlebotomy is one of the options that leave the individual satisfied in their job because of the high salary, wide range of job opportunities, more encounter.
For those who want to study phlebotomy, there are short courses offered for about a year and online training is available for those who have a lot to juggle. Loans are available for those who want to pursue but many miss out in light of their poor credits. Phlebotomy may look easy but don’t for one moment think its for slobs who could not cut it in another medical field. There is a lot of extra study for would be phlebotomists and this prepares them for a wider range of job opportunities. The phlebotomy curricula involves extra skills in anatomy, medical laboratory and venipuncture.
Most hospitals and even individuals prefer to hire somebody with added skills so that they may reap maximum benefits. There are different facilities for drawing blood from specific patients including the disabled and infants. The needles are structured in a way as to avoid scaring patients. The blood drawn by phlebotomists is for tests and involves collection of minute blood samples. This job allows you to make patients shed blood and get paid for it! that doesn’t happen often.
In Vancouver WA, phlebotomist training takes only a year and a half and on completion leaves you ready for entry level practise in any other part. As technology and the world changes, peoples tasks change and people need to study and get certificates to do simple tasks. On that note however, it doesn’t mean that what phlebotomists do is without risk because if a vein is pinched wrongly, serious damage may occur.
Phlebotomy is a very bloody job literally, but the benefits of drawing blood could never be better. Proper needle technique is taught as well as bedside manners is taught when dealing with patients. The phlebotomist is not limited and may work even with animals. The principle for working with animals is that be careful and not rude to the animal.
Many phlebotomy schools offer online training like the Herring University but this has a downside in that it only covers theory in a field which requires more hands on training. Choose the school well, as many in Vancouver may not be accredited. To make the best choice, go to the hospital’s HR or check online reviews since this will help you not to be ripped off by unscrupulous people who may just want the money. Choose wisely and be part of vancouver’s generation of new medical professionals with the added advantage of not being on call all the time. You can juggle two careers.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- BA in Health Education
- BA in Health and Wellness