This is the greek word meaning ‘to cut a vein’. In modern day medical terminology, phlebotomy is defined as the process of making incision on a vein. As the definition clearly states, this is not for those who freeze at the sight of blood or those who bolt on seeing a needle. This procedure has been practised in ancient times but the name for it then was bloodletting. Many states in the US have embraced phlebotomy as a career choice and to practise in many states does not emphasize certification except for Louisiana and Florida. Certification for any professional is important to any employer as it implies that one has passed required government standards and gives confidence in performance.
Vancouver WA, is a place where trained phlebotomists are in high demand. The highest number of job listings from vancouver are for phlebotomists. The salary for most certified phlebotomists is twenty six thousand dollars and this is way above the uncertified practitioners. The earlier you get that practising license and certificate the better as it is important to build a good resume before it becomes too crowded an option. Statistics indicate a whooping number of newly certified phlebotomists every year.
Phlebotomy is one of the options that leave the individual satisfied in their job because of the high salary, wide range of job opportunities, more encounter.
For those who want to study phlebotomy, there are short courses offered for about a year and online training is available for those who have a lot to juggle. Loans are available for those who want to pursue but many miss out in light of their poor credits. Phlebotomy may look easy but don’t for one moment think its for slobs who could not cut it in another medical field. There is a lot of extra study for would be phlebotomists and this prepares them for a wider range of job opportunities. The phlebotomy curricula involves extra skills in anatomy, medical laboratory and venipuncture.
Most hospitals and even individuals prefer to hire somebody with added skills so that they may reap maximum benefits. There are different facilities for drawing blood from specific patients including the disabled and infants. The needles are structured in a way as to avoid scaring patients. The blood drawn by phlebotomists is for tests and involves collection of minute blood samples. This job allows you to make patients shed blood and get paid for it! that doesn’t happen often.
In Vancouver WA, phlebotomist training takes only a year and a half and on completion leaves you ready for entry level practise in any other part. As technology and the world changes, peoples tasks change and people need to study and get certificates to do simple tasks. On that note however, it doesn’t mean that what phlebotomists do is without risk because if a vein is pinched wrongly, serious damage may occur.
Phlebotomy is a very bloody job literally, but the benefits of drawing blood could never be better. Proper needle technique is taught as well as bedside manners is taught when dealing with patients. The phlebotomist is not limited and may work even with animals. The principle for working with animals is that be careful and not rude to the animal.
Many phlebotomy schools offer online training like the Herring University but this has a downside in that it only covers theory in a field which requires more hands on training. Choose the school well, as many in Vancouver may not be accredited. To make the best choice, go to the hospital’s HR or check online reviews since this will help you not to be ripped off by unscrupulous people who may just want the money. Choose wisely and be part of vancouver’s generation of new medical professionals with the added advantage of not being on call all the time. You can juggle two careers.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online. We offer master's degree programs in management, accounting, and public policy that can be completed 100% online.
- MS in Management/Healthcare Administration