This is the greek word meaning ‘to cut a vein’. In modern day medical terminology, phlebotomy is defined as the process of making incision on a vein. As the definition clearly states, this is not for those who freeze at the sight of blood or those who bolt on seeing a needle. This procedure has been practised in ancient times but the name for it then was bloodletting. Many states in the US have embraced phlebotomy as a career choice and to practise in many states does not emphasize certification except for Louisiana and Florida. Certification for any professional is important to any employer as it implies that one has passed required government standards and gives confidence in performance.
Vancouver WA, is a place where trained phlebotomists are in high demand. The highest number of job listings from vancouver are for phlebotomists. The salary for most certified phlebotomists is twenty six thousand dollars and this is way above the uncertified practitioners. The earlier you get that practising license and certificate the better as it is important to build a good resume before it becomes too crowded an option. Statistics indicate a whooping number of newly certified phlebotomists every year.
Phlebotomy is one of the options that leave the individual satisfied in their job because of the high salary, wide range of job opportunities, more encounter.
For those who want to study phlebotomy, there are short courses offered for about a year and online training is available for those who have a lot to juggle. Loans are available for those who want to pursue but many miss out in light of their poor credits. Phlebotomy may look easy but don’t for one moment think its for slobs who could not cut it in another medical field. There is a lot of extra study for would be phlebotomists and this prepares them for a wider range of job opportunities. The phlebotomy curricula involves extra skills in anatomy, medical laboratory and venipuncture.
Most hospitals and even individuals prefer to hire somebody with added skills so that they may reap maximum benefits. There are different facilities for drawing blood from specific patients including the disabled and infants. The needles are structured in a way as to avoid scaring patients. The blood drawn by phlebotomists is for tests and involves collection of minute blood samples. This job allows you to make patients shed blood and get paid for it! that doesn’t happen often.
In Vancouver WA, phlebotomist training takes only a year and a half and on completion leaves you ready for entry level practise in any other part. As technology and the world changes, peoples tasks change and people need to study and get certificates to do simple tasks. On that note however, it doesn’t mean that what phlebotomists do is without risk because if a vein is pinched wrongly, serious damage may occur.
Phlebotomy is a very bloody job literally, but the benefits of drawing blood could never be better. Proper needle technique is taught as well as bedside manners is taught when dealing with patients. The phlebotomist is not limited and may work even with animals. The principle for working with animals is that be careful and not rude to the animal.
Many phlebotomy schools offer online training like the Herring University but this has a downside in that it only covers theory in a field which requires more hands on training. Choose the school well, as many in Vancouver may not be accredited. To make the best choice, go to the hospital’s HR or check online reviews since this will help you not to be ripped off by unscrupulous people who may just want the money. Choose wisely and be part of vancouver’s generation of new medical professionals with the added advantage of not being on call all the time. You can juggle two careers.
Here Are Some Schools Near You:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!